5 lug swap keeping abs

yeah, i have abs on my s13 and i’m doing a 5 lug conversion. I know i’ll be needing front hubs/spindle that were from an abs s14 right… has anyone done this and is there any special way to hook them together/ do they hook together? basically any help on this part of the install would be great i had yet to see this perticular part of the 5 lug swap covered in detail. thanks

Yes you can keep it and its simple.

Follow the ABS wire through the wheel well into the engine bay.

Unclip the S13 Sensor Plug in the S14 Sensor.

From what I understand they are the same clips if not you will have to solder them together.

lol thanks alot i thought they were jsut wires and … aparently they are :slight_smile: just curious tho i was looking up front and it looked more like a second brake line than wires that just protection for them?

how do you know if you have abs or not?

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to keep the crappy S13 abs? Personal preference perhaps, or you are led to believe it is safer?

Personally, I hate abs. The new cars that have it are great and not much can beat them in stopping distance, but the old technology is stupid.

You know you have abs if you see the big mess of stuff on the passenger side of your engine bay. And if you are doing an emergency stop, you will hear it pulsating and feel it in your pedel.

i just want to keep it because it’s already there, why kill it this isn’t a race car so i don’t care

It’s not a race car yet you want a 5-lug conversion? :roll:

Turn int into a race car. :twisted: