50% downtown parking tax

:wtf: :wackit: :wackit:

what the hell… raise parking price to attract people to the city… actually… lets raise the bar by almost 20% above the highest in the nation…

:doh: murphy

thats why i do not go into pittsburgh

that is fucked up!!!:mad:

Originally posted by Pewterss
that is fucked up!!!:mad:
it was to deviate from higher property tax… :0

Wow, Im Really looking forward to getting a job downtown now :rolleyes:

umm you have to pay for stuff somehow

people bitch over every other tax that was proposed to help out so this is finally one that helps out.

suburbanites will realize that Burgers cant pay for their “luxury” to live outside the city and work inside and reap all the benefits

I don’t want the benefit of working in the city. I’m already closer than I want to be.

If they would tax all the businesses in the city they would raise an additional $100 million or so. Whether those businesses would still stay there… :dunno:

how about stop placing a tax on people that can’t vote your ass outta office… how about raise property tax, fuck everyone, then see who’s side you’re on… :rolleyes:

the luxury is getting paid 15k more than any other area… because of that i could give a fuck about paying 200 a month for parking…i simply don’t think the solution to our antiquated state budget is taxing the commuters that actually make the city’s business district what it is…

hopefully what it is, is a threat to the gov to allow a budget reform…

Allegheny County = teh suck

Originally posted by Darkstar
Allegheny County = teh suck

wait until you get here…you will see whats up …tax tax tax

Originally posted by slowcamaro
wait until you get here…you will see whats up …tax tax tax

huh?

when you come to the wow…the alcohol tax parking tax everything tax

Originally posted by slowcamaro
when you come to the wow…the alcohol tax parking tax everything tax

oh, ok… :bigthumb:

alcohol tax :confused:

:rolleyes:

Meow

in the bars in the city

:doh: i forgot about my $3.79 beer

Originally posted by thefranchise

suburbanites will realize that Burgers cant pay for their “luxury” to live outside the city and work inside and reap all the benefits
DING DING DING DING!!! Its not people that live in the city that cause the massive traffic jams everyday. suburbanites got it too easy.

theres always the t :smiley:

Originally posted by Cutty
DING DING DING DING!!! Its not people that live in the city that cause the massive traffic jams everyday. suburbanites got it too easy.

You’re gong to have traffic jams regardless of where the people are coming from. If everyone who worked in the city moved there, they wouldn’t all fit, and would spill out far enough that they would have to drive or take some form of transportation.

The rivers don’t help traffic either! And I swear that the amount of traffic congestion that buses create offsets their advantages (but they’re still needed).

I personally would rather raise a family in the suburbs, and also work in the suburbs. Who says businesses have to be clustered together in a city anyway? It’s not like people have to be able to walk from their house to the general store and the blacksmith shop anymore.

Then again I have strange ideas sometimes. :smiley: