Mayoral Race

This years mayoral Race may be the most important in Pittsburgh History… This current administration wants to merge with the county thus desolving the city of pittsburgh. Thats why i think its important.

shouldnt i get a vote they plan on merging with the county? i live in the county just not in city limits

if they merge look to pay more taxes. you better hope city residents dont fuck it up for you. My perspective right now is that Dok Harris is going to steal the “dumb yinzer” votes from ravenstahl…these are the people that voted for luke because he was cool and liked the steelers…now they will wanna vote for Franco’s son… Hope fully that will pull luke down enough for Acklin to win in a squeaker… Luke to me, has done nothing but show up for cameras, attend events and pal around with his north catholic boy dan onorato…This is also the same guy the a few months ago locked the doors of city hall so people couldnt let their voices be heard. We lost a Great guy when we lost Bob O’Connor and we got stuck Eddie Haskel as mayor.

i don’t live in the city, but if i did, i’d vote for ravenstahl.

and i’ll be supporting onorato (and maybe volunteering) in the 2010 gubernatorial race.

Wow, what a surprise.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah really, I’m shocked as well…

Onorato…who else is running? As long as its not a former athlete…I am voting for them.

If I lived in the city I would vote Acklin.

no one in the rest of the state knows who onorato is… who ever is from philly’s side will most likely win based on sheer numbers.

Onorato is polling slightly better than all other Democrats, but it’s VERY Early. Below is a link to Rasmussen, but I can’t get the link to Quinnipiac to work now.

The problem is that all Democrats will have a tough race against Shaler’s own Tom Corbett, presumed Republican candidate and two-time PA attorney general.

I like Onorato. I support a city-county merger. The fact that he had the balls to pass something as unpopular as the drink tax proves to me that he’ll do what he believes is right instead of pandering to the majority.

F a city-county merger. I lived in the city for a long time, then after working my ass off until I could afford it I moved to the suburbs. I don’t want or need to deal with city problems. I don’t work in the city, don’t live in the city, and got out of the city for a reason.

isn’t it a public official’s job to do what the majority of the voters want?

In an ideal world that’s true…doesn’t happen anymore.

no.

what you’re describing would make political office pointless. why not just have a referendum on every single issue?

throughout history, politicians have made unpopular decisions. some have been for immense benefit, others have been complete failures.

it never did.

burnyd u live in the city?

by the way http://kdka.com/video/?id=64246@kdka.dayport.com here is ur typical corrupt politician… fuck luke…

X2

hehehe

and there is the problem with our system. More control for the few in power and less control for the citizens.

Most politicians start out for the “greater good” then get corrupted with power. There is nothing the citizen can do to stop it. And since the elected politician doesn’t have to even listen to the voters, what’s the point?

I’m not arguing which is better, just saying how it is.

A direct democracy would probably be a goddamn nightmare. The masses, on both sides, are half retarded.

You think it took balls for that piece of shit to pass that stupid ass drink tax? It would have taken balls for him to tell fuckin PAT to live within their means and to raise their fares. It would have taken balls for him to raise the property tax to pay for that black hole of corruption known as PAT. No, he took the pussy way out. I go out of my way to avoid drinking any alchohol in the county for the reason of that tax. I have been eating out at Butler county restaurants for the most part since he passed that stupid tax.
No, the fact that he took the pussies way out proves to me he is just another Rendell.

I love Rendell, so that assessment is fine by me.

And you’re telling me taxing served alcohol is worse than increasing property taxes? Gtfo.

I work at a bar. The tax’s impact on sales? Negligible at best.

wow…spoken like a true dipshit! property taxes are high enough. Having a house to live in is just a tad bit more of a necessity than drinking alchohol. (maybe not in your case) so raising alchohol tax > raising property taxes.