500WHP Club

That was pre-fluffy powdery stuff, and when you could get sunburns.

shawn I’m going to pm you my number, give me a call next time you’re in the area fosho

my buddie dan should be close in his 3/s (3000gt) red with a babe eater for a turbo …not 100% what he’s shooting for though this year think he made like mid 400whp last year … :banana

That car had a lot of issues from what I heard/seen.

Heard 430AWHP at 19PSI

yeaa it needed a few more things to be done to get it running good but i think he’ll be around there this year

i think he got most of the issues sorted out

I thought the issues was a horrid horrid tune and oil puking? It was tuned on the dyno at 430 at 19PSI which is extremely disappointing to be quite honest. I am wondering if other issues exist that prevented him the 1st dyno tune?

yeah… i thought 4anything sounded low… and i duno exactly what the problem was, but that 42R should make like 700’s haha

He actually went to moon I think for the tune and the car wasnt puking any oil last I heard from him…Also I think I saw it cruising down the road the other day. Ill call him to get him out the next nice night

Yea, he is off by at least 100AWHP at that boost level.

Yea. I was referring to pre-dyno he had those issues. I was very disappointed with the results. Hopefully he fixed the issue. Not sure what it is?

He had some wiring issues that he had to take care of which he straightened out. Also not sure how much they really messed with timing and all that

He paid for tuning, I assume he got that. But you are right.

Yea he went real conservative with the tune cause he just wanted the car running to par…The numbers did seem pretty low for a 45r or what ever monstrosity of a turbo hes got under the hood

its a 42R i believe, non ball bearing? so maybe its not called a 42R, o well. in any event i talked to him at sutters last night and it seems to be running way better this year… not sure what he did to it, but i cant wait to see the dyno numbers he puts down

42R has a lot of flavors. It doesn’t matter really because any flavor should yield nearly 700AWHP or more. If he has a stock block, he will be finding the limits of that stock crank fast.

yea he wanted around 500whp maybe a tad more but well see what danny boy does

When is he planning on going there next?

matt w. his VR is going to be well over 500whp with the new setup this year :slight_smile: (technik)

page one AJ. :nod

i see that now, woops