55" LCD HDTV Toshiba Regza Full 1080p 55ZV650U

Coulda bought mine for 800 :smiley: Exact same tv :smiley:

ever see a pioneer elite plasma? i shit my pants and though i was in an alturnate universe when i saw it. twas amazing.

I have a 60" Pioneer Plasma back when they cost 8000$ lol. I got it for 4500$. I LOVEDDDD itā€¦ And used it A LOTTTTTā€¦ I eventually gave it to my father as a gift when I moved :frowning: I think he still has it :smiley:

110 degrees of view, unrealistic color, 240hz of refresh at best doesnt touch the modern plasmas. trust!

Yo cant wait until they come out with laser tvā€™s!!! Youā€™ll need safety glasses to watch it! Hell yeah!!

Youā€™re an idiot.

The only difference in a LED TV compared to a Standard Backlit TV is just that the back lighting.

The LCD Panels are general the same as those in there normal backlit predecessors.

THe Advantage to an LED TV is the fact that it allows for the TV to be thinner, the lighting to be more acurate, and the ability to locally DIM the LEDā€™s in darker scenes for true better black levels.

And this makes you sound like even more of a tard.

I have a Vizio 50 Plaz , a Pioneer 50 Plaz, and a Toshima 55 LCD. I think LCD is sub-par given the Vizio thats 4 years old looks as good or better.

It all depends on the TVs really

Some LCDā€™s look better than Plasmas and Vice versa

Alot of it can depend on having the TV calibrated right, and especialy with LCDā€™s having the right viewing distance. Plasmas generally look great even with your face up to em, where as LCDā€™s may look a little blurry/washed out.

Having the right viewing distance given the Size and output resoloution in LCD TVā€™s is much more important than with a plasma

Things a lot of people fail to realize.

Also the quality of the content your putting through it and how the TV outputs it. Using in store/HD Cable channels for TV quality reference is stupid IMO

LED is in fact better than LCD

What he said ^^^^

LCD < Plasma < LED

OLED=thefuckingjam

60hz<120hz<240hz Can I play too?

Lollā€¦ Yes I agree with that too

I Had a low end 42in 720p panasonic then I bought a 50in pioneer Kuro and I love this TV. I got a soft spot for plasmas they have been good to me.

Singh just pointed out my TV is a LED, not LCD, played with settings, it does kinda rock

If it has local dimming you will love it even more.