Buying a TV ... Nerd help appreciated

I want the best value TV.
I don’t want to spend more than 1500
LCD or LED. I don’t like plasma.
I’m OK with refurb as I’ve never had a bad experience with it.
50 inches or bigger only. I’m thinking 55"-60"

Go!

I know the usual sites but have been out of the game. I don’t know the best day to wait for or the best way to do it. I know several of you know much more about this than I do.

I was about to make this exact post… In for info.

x3. I am looking for a 55" in the same price range

Panasonic ST series. It’s plasma and its better!

I want in on this too!

^^^ this or Samsung. You really can not beat the picture quality of the plasma at their price for the larger size 50+

Newegg.com no sales tax. Seems like a no brainer. You don’t even need close to 1500 dollars for a very nice tv set.

Yep I’m upgrading soon as well. Who’s got the hookup? Nyspeed group buy!!!

Wait for cyber Monday and then strike. :wink:

Yea at this point just wait till cyber Monday and watch slicksdeals/newegg

Im confused, you dont want plasma but you will take a lcd?, thats going backwards. I would say samsung led if you do not want plasma.

A buddy of mine got a SICK 60" tv last year through amazon by getting them to price-match a black friday deal that he was gonna go in on. I think it was less than a grand and the picture quality is AWESOME. So if you see any black friday deals, shoot Amazon an email. No Tax no Shipping charge.

Yes… Black friday … Cyber Monday… Newegg and sickdeals … These things I know.
I don’t want a plasma because I also use the TV for gaming and even with pixel shift I don’t want anything burning into my TV. I want to go LED but I need to find the right thing for the right price.

Can anyone just post some quick specs I should look for? Anything that isn’t restating the obvious?

Me too, looking for 70" minimum.

60" samsung plasma pn60e530a3fxza $999 best buy. Theres no more problem with burn in unless you go on a month vacation and pause some sharp bright shape or image on your tv . Even then most have a program to wash the screen and as far as gaming goes you can not beat the referesh rate on a plasma

I have a 50" plasma now but it is terrible with light reflections.

With an lcd you may not experience a direct glare like the glass on the plasmas however any light will wash the picture out some. if you can not get away from the light then i would go led or buy curtains

The owner of my work is in business with the guy from
Tv city. If we really all " need " tv’s maybe we can get a group buy going :slight_smile: The guys name is Mark and was in business with Josh when he had the warehouse in OP.

Bookmark this site especially during the holidays - http://slickdeals.net/

Also highly addicting.

I play xbox and PC games for hours on my 58" Samsung plasma, no burn in here.

Pn58c7000

The only reason I wouldn’t go plasma is if you have a lot of direct light in the room. My plasma can’t crank the brightness like an LED can, but the picture is way better. The only time direct sun is an issue for me is early morning and I almost never watch tv then, and certainly not movies where top picture quality is a concern.