5x100 35mm offset on S14?

Hey guys, tried to dig it up, can’t really find a definitive answer at all.

I may be picking up a 95 LE soon, I was wondering if I could make me current wheels work properly.

I currently have ASA Forged 2 piece wheels that I don’t really want to part with if I can make them work. They are 5x100 (35mm offset) 17x7.5

I know I can probably get an adapter to run a 5x114.3 pattern, but is this advisable? I’m still trying to understand offsets and such and am reading.

35mm offset on an S14 means that wheels will be sunken in way too much, correct?

Any help appreciated.

BTW, car will be tracked, so I’m thinking about that when it comes to the adapters. :oops:

Its fine to run adapters or spacers provided they aren’t too large.

For an S14, a 7.5" wide rim is pretty weaksauce. You should be going with
an 8" or more so you can run some wider tires.

240s are RWD and require a lower offset to acheive rim flushness. A 17x9
with +15 to +25 offset would be decently flush… +35 rims will be sunken.

If you really want to use them you could get an adapter, but you could also sell your current rims and buy wider ones for the price you’ll spend getting those adapters.

It is probally safe, but do you really want to keep your rims that badly?

Sorry to hijack the thread but I just have a few quick questions. iQuABoB, you reccommended at least an 8 inch wide rim for the S14. What about the S13? I was planning on getting some 5Zigen FN01R-C 177 front, and 178 rear. They’re something like +35 so I was gonna get some spacers too to make it more flush. These seem like the best 4 lug offsets and widths I have seen. Are these widths to low and what size spacers should I be getting? Also, could you reccomend better rims for the S13 that are 17 inch, lightweight and have good sizes and offsets? Thanks.

I’m also very interested in ideal wheel widths for an S13. The wheels I’m looking at right now, are 17x8.5 +22 4X114.3
I wanna know how wide you can go without needing widebody and still being able to clear full coilovers and Z brakes.

what rims are those solarian?
sounds better than most of what ive seen
also, are they affordable?

5x100 is for Subarus.

I would get something closer to 17x9+15 all around for an s13 (I think the FN01R-Cs come in that size/offset.) A +35 offset would require like a 20mm spacer to flush it out on an s13.

I am going to be running 17x9 +20 next semester.

With a 17x9 +15 you will have to roll your fenders, but thats simple. If you
want to run anything larger than 225s, you will have to pull them a little
too, but overall the car will look much better, its worth the added effort.

7 and 8 inch are too small… 7" is not much better than stock.

The MINIMUM i would even bother with is 8"

I agree with 8" minimum, I’ll being running 17x8 F and 17x9 R next season on my S14. I don’t think I’ll have to pull my fenders but we’ll see.

They’re Gramlights 57s, I’ve fallen in love with them ever since I saw a pic of a black S14 kouki that had them on. I don’t think they’re made in a better width/offset in a 17" diameter, but I don’t want to go 18" on my S13, seems way too big.

I have an S13 and my rims are 16x7 +25 offset in front & 16x8 +26 offset in rear and they flush fit perfectly…

Thanks for the info guys. I have decied that I am going with the widest and lowest offset 4 lug rims I can find. So far, the most appealing ones are M2 Motoring DT05R. They come in 4 lug. I want to do 178.5 front +25 and 179.5 +30. Am I going to have clearance problems with tein Flex coilovers? And will this look flush? Oh one more question lol. Do you guys reccomend staggering the wheels like this? I heard that this is better on higher hp apps. My car has a stock KA24E so no power but like everyone, I am planning on a motor swap later on and I am trying to set the car up for more power. Anyways, here is a link to those DT05rs:

http://www.tougefactory.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cart=58182&cat=70&PHPSESSID=d1419c6eeb4fda35856f66ba197f0d09