[6/23 @ 1pm] Need a hand with your bike's suspension setup?

So you are in range for the front, but off for the rear which is typical. OEM springs usually are set very high to accommodate for two up riding.

Riding Type: Street

FRONT FORK SPRINGS
Recommended Fork Spring Rate: 0.88 kg/mm (use closest available)
Stock Fork Spring Rate: .900 kg/mm(stock)

REAR SHOCK SPRINGS
Recommended Shock Spring Rate: 9.125 kg/mm (use closest available)
Stock Shock Spring Rate: 12.6 kg/mm (stock)

Source: Race Tech

I do a lot of two up riding but I’d rather have it set up for just me as that’s when I do all my hard riding. I take it easy with the gf on the back

Depends on your gf’s weight, it still might not work. IMO, you best bet is once you have your SAG set for solo, depends on where your shock preload will be, you can always add a few notches when you ride two up.

A time and date has been set for this (pending weather), refer to first post.

If you post in this thread showing interest and plan on coming, please PM me with your cell or email so I can later forward my location.

Thanks.

Title adjusted.

Looking forward to it, I will print up the manual for my penske rear shock.

I might be able to swing down, have a prior engagement in the afternoon though.

You are more than welcome to.

Thanks Vlad and hope those stock settings worked for ya.

http://hphotos-snc6.fbcdn.net/259035_10150223155544294_544884293_7148058_8290823_o.jpg

Bump for 2012 :rofl

Date: June 23 tentative, pending weather.
Time: TBA
Location: PM me with contact info (email or mobile) if interested.

Yes. I need a suspension tune so bad. 290 on what I assume is factory settings. Will pm with cell. What do I need to bring?

I might be in, depends on if I take my Dad out that day.

I have mine adjusted to the recommended for my weight, which has the preload at its max so I think theres not much to play with outside of dampening.

Yeah, it is the father’s day weekend. That’s why I put tentative. If it works better for most people, we can do 6/22 weekend.

I’ll be up at ft drum the weekend of the 22… hopefully this one works better

I’ll probably show up to shoot the shit, already have my bike set up as best as stock settings will allow for my weight. Now instead of it being a bronco, it’s more like a pissed off pony. :rofl

6/23 would definitely work better for me personally. The 16th I got something planned with a lady. :wink:

Alright quick update. I just found out that I will be out of town that weekend, so it will have to be 6/23. I’ve revised the title to reflect that.

I am sorry if that didn’t work out for some of you, and we can always do another one.

I should be able to. Theres a car show i plan on hitting up that day, but I can do both

maybe out of town on the 23 R6-Forum get together not 100% sure if I’m gonna make the trip.

That day works great for me!

As long as you don’t laugh at how clueless I am on suspension stuff.:dunno Haha.

I think my fork oil needs to be changed, but again … I’m clueless.