New Member with a Sportbike

Hi, I’m Mike! I live in Albany.

A member pointed me to this site about 3 years ago (I think his name was Vlad) when I was a student at SUNY Albany, but I left the area and now I’m back.

I’ve been riding for 3.5 years. Started on an R6 and I just recently bought a 2007 CBR600RR. I love twisty roads and trackdays! I never miss a MotoGP race, or any other motorcycle racing.

here’s the bike:
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p282/HiSpeed48/CBR600RR.jpg
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p282/HiSpeed48/CBR600RR2.jpg

I look forward to riding with some of you guys!

That Vlad guy is a real douche.

Welcome.

Welcome and nice looking bike

Here’s a couple pics from the track. Anyone do trackdays?
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p282/HiSpeed48/Bikes/Cresson23.jpg

the white looks good on that.

better list off your riding credentials, safety gear, investments and insurance policies, otherwise vlad will make fun of you for your inferior abilities.

but hey the bike looks good in white like i said.

Welcome! nice stuff.

Where were those shots taken?

lol

gear: t-shirt, shorts, sandals,

insurance: who needs it

investments: hair gel and instant tanner

it’s a track near Fort Worth Texas called Motorsports Ranch Cresson. i spend my summers at my parents house near dallas.

that a great picture in your sig. you’re an expert? what tracks do you race?

gear : sunglasses, backwards hat, gym shorts, flip flops, wife beater

insurance : the other guys!

investments : gym membership, muscle milk, power bars

I’ve read about that track on forums.

:lol Far from expert; You had more experience riding than I do. NHMS, but the pict was taken at Thunderbolt.

oh, i saw the white number plates lol

well I am definitely doing at least one trackday at Monticello and maybe one at NJMP. so if you ever want to do one together let me know.

i wish spring could come already :cry:

That is a school bike, I am just a novice.

Good for you, the track is the way to go! :thumbup

Forgot to mention, nice bike! :thumbup

Welcome.

That Vlad guy was me.

We got a few members who do track days, and my track bike is getting tired of collecting dust.

Looking forward to trying NJ this year, we could likely arrange something to go together. Tony from TTD likes to come in here and chime in on the track days when they occur. Great customer service from that organization and Tony himself.

Mk430r posting right after your track pictures is about as close as he got to a track day.

I’m still jealous I didn’t have the mighty brass balls and started on a 750 as Mk430r did, I was doing pussy shot by dragging pegs on the 650 while waiting on big boys with brass balls to finally make it through the turn.

Some like to ride fast bike slow, I prefer the opposite.

whats funny vlad, is unlike you i dont think i can ride like a pro. i dont judge peoples riding and make fun of them. i bought what i did not to track or to think im a racer, but because i like the bike and its the most comfortable sport bike given my back situation. all the others ive ridden have a far too agressive position. and also, you are AWESOME i wish i could “drag peg” on the street. you putz.

im also glad you know alot about me vlad, and what i grew up around as well, to make a judgement on my style of riding.

Because we all know you have never judged someone on the forum, you saint you.

You just defined and justified hard parking. Congratulations.

You bought a bigger displacement race supersport motorcycle for commuting, I’ve bough a sport tourer to have fun on.

Gsxr 1000 is comfy too I hear, could be even better for your back. Maybe next year?

:rofl

Be nice guys or I’ll have to ban you both.

Welcome!

////\ weak rider right there.

welcome new guy

Watsup Vlad. I’m glad you still got a bike. I’m looking forward to doing some good riding this spring.

I still got the SV with the ever growing list of mods, last year it got an 05 Gsxr front end with the lighter wheel and better calipers and rotors, giant improvement over the stock non inverted/water like forks in handling and this year I’m doing a Gsxr 180 series tire upgrade over the stock 160.

If we do a track day together I’ll bring SV as a backup but the track bike is an 05 Gsxr.

Working on restoring a 76 Honda CB760 at the moment.

I expect you to come out for some rides this year if you’re local during the summer time!

^Yes plan more rideZ!

I don’t even think we had one last year.

You were just sleeping, we had plenty. :excited