6/25 ECCN Autox

I figured it was the one thing i could do to make up for picking on the elderly.

Rain pwned my car’s electrical system. Probably be a bit before it’s back out. Looks like I’m doing the rewiring early. :frowning:

EDIT: And maybe clean some of that oil off so I don’t kill people on grid with the smoke. :lol:

cv joint owned me…thats y i was not in attendance today

yea it was definately an interesting day… i love that course i really felt like i could pull an 53 or lower tobad i never got the chance… we’ll see what tomarow brings.

What happened to that guys wrx ?

Lol that was mine. not sure yet. hybrid is going to take a look at it tomarow… some people say turbo others say head gasket. im personallly leaning towards turbo.

I doubt it was a head gasket, didn’t smell like coolant to me. Something inside the turbo or a bad ring in the motor. There wasn’t steam coming out of the dipstick for the oil though, so hopefully just a bad seal in the turbo.

Good event, nice fast course to stretch the camaro’s legs on.

Jim, again, thanks for the hard work (and being smart enough to wear sandles :slight_smile: )

lol and the trashbag poncho!

Im hoping not. where did i finish anyway? that dnf had to hurt.

http://results.wny-scca.com

Cool, thanks for posting.

damn that was a horrible day. i cut half decent times but still finished way back in the pack. damn cones…

how are points awarded anyway?

101 points for winning your class. For all other places, you get the percentage of your time vs the class winners in points.

For example:

Class winner’s time: 100 seconds Class winner’s points: 101 points
your time: 98 secondss your points: 98 points

So, the closer you are to the winner, the more points you get. This rewards realative performance differences, not finishing order.

The winner does get the extra 1 points (which very well could matter in the end) because well, they did something you didn’t do :slight_smile:

We have 11 events including out of region points events. Only 2 OOR events can count if they help you, we count your best 8 events for points.

So, if you make every single event in and out of region for points, you can drop your 3 worst finishes. This makes it easier to tie, but its still not likely given the percentage points.

…and enough places where a Miata could use all 106wHP… :wink:

Don’t suppose anyone got some pics of my fruity sedan out there?

Any updates on the subaru?

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?p=254985#post254985

Not to be the guy that points things out but if you had 98 seconds in this case i believe you would be the winner

now if you had 102 seconds then you would be in second do you then take the winners time and divide it by the place??

in this case 102 second for second would give you 98 points and 110 seconds would give you 91 points and so on??

Yeah, you’ve got it, despite Jon’s explanation… :lol:

hehe… my bad. Made the explanation easy :slight_smile: