600hp 3000gt

that it is… but it out handles, out brakes, and out accelerates the vr4 :slight_smile:

it’s mainly due to the Iron block V8, and the Independant rear end

Its a Cobra enough said…I took out a 98 Cobra once before…And I thought it was grossly over rated and it didnt impress me 1 bit. I wouldnt be impressed if it ran a 7sec 1/4…I cant stand Mustangs…all they are is a noisy POS and 90% of the drivers of them drive like real assholes and act like hardass…
Oh yea and lots more boost…Equal that boost on a VR4 and see what happens to the Cobra…I wouldnt take a FORD over anything

92 and up are heavier than 91 and 92.92 yp came standard with airbags(driver and passenger) 90 and 91 are lighter than other years
http://autotrader.com/research/model_info/modelinfo_technicalspecs.jsp?vehicle_number=1547&vehicle_number3=&vehicle_number2=&restype=new

you’re a fucking retard. You do realize that the 03 Cobra has about 150more HP than the 98 Cobra, right?

I dont really care…Its all the same…Like I said I dont care if it runs 7’s They dont impress me…I dont think something is nice cause its fast…Your the fuckin retard…

:drama: :drama: :stick: :itr41:

:hahano::hahano::hahano:

300zx’s are junk

I didnt think there were many people near that HP range. Our cranks are known to be ticking time bombs past 500 AWHP. It isnt a question of if the crank will die, but when it will die. Also, if it is a 92 then it has the crappy transfer case (known to explode past 400AWHP) and possibly the 18 spline output shaft (bereaks and strips). I dont know. I didnt think any of the super high HP 3S cars were in Pitt. There are a few closer to Philly and one in Huntington WV that I know of.

where the 3S’s are nice, they are lacking

I’ve seen the car your talking about, but from a distance, it looks kinda junky.

-j

I saw one on the highway about a month ago that had a license plate 400hp

It was a red one, looked stock on the outside

Yes. At stock power levels they are great. When you push them more and more they get to be some what tricky. The crank problem is being worked on I think. I haear that the guy from huntington with over 700AWHP is testing a different crank. That could be wrong though. Also, our cars have problems with spinning main bearings. The block supposedly does not supply the area with oil properly so many have had bad luck with this. The Getrag transmission seems to be the biggest problem though. Our gears are beastly and may be just as strong as Supra gears, but being a more complicated AWD design we have some flaws. The synchros are pretty weak and can go out if the car is driven hard (and improperly). Our center differential, known as a Viscous Coupling Unit, can overheat and puke out silicon goo and then the car wont move too well. Then the output shaft and transfer case problems I spoke about before. Also the shift forks are not the strongest out there. If someone is claiming to have a high HP 3S then they have dropped some serious coin to make sure this car will last. Solutions are: MW 300M output shaft ($600), MW 300M transfer spool ($600), Kormex output shaft and transfer spool (not as strong as the MW but only $250 each), center diff eliminator ($300 but locks the car in 50/50 F/R torque split), steel transfer case (still working on it $300), possibly a new CFDS ($1200), and all the other crap. But anyways, you can see what I am talking about. I am dealing with all of these problems and my car is almost stock. There are not that many 600whp+ 3S cars out there. Ok, my lesson on the stealth/3000GT is done for today. Now you know why I have been traveling on foot for the last 6-7 weeks. :down:

I remember that car too. I think it was the night you got pulled over in Kilbuck!

where the 3S was a good idea… it’s design and quality is pathetic

someone needs to convert their 3SI to RWD, ditch all that heavy AWD/AWS shit and have at it.

The AWD is why I bought it. If you convert to RWD you dont really ditch much of anything. Front diff and axles arent that heavy. Converting to FWD would save alot of weight but FWD sucks. These cars are setup like a FWD as far as engine and tranny fitment.

Actually, the quality is pretty decent. The bad design was in the early Getrag trannies and the general oil circulation in the 6G72 block (this block is in alot of cars, and was not designed for the 3s). 2nd and 3rd gen transmissions have little to no problems. The 6 speed swap is a great one for an easy solution to the 1st gen problems. It cost alot though. Its like Ford. Most of the 80’s and early 90’s mustangs are known to fall apart. Supposedly they got some of the quality problems worked out over the last generations. The 3000GT was produced for years 1991 to 1999. It only took them 3 years to work out the biggest problems. So, I wouldnt say they were horribly designed.

the mustang never was a pinnacle of build quality, until 2005.

:rofl: no one wants to admit yet, thier new 05 mustang rattles…