6700 as a Modem not working!

OK, so a few of you know that I have been trying to get this to work for a bit. (Not really for a bit, just now in a huge hurry.)

OK, I “Unbranded” my phone, now I have access to the wmodem program without doing it through the phone. Cool.

Now, installing it on my laptop, a Toshiba, is another story.

Tried installing on the laptop as is, no good. Toshiba has a modem built in to it, so first I tried changing the com port of it (The Toshiba Modem), seeing as though the wmodem wanted it set to COM3. No good.

Next, I tried to disable the Toshiba modem, no good either.

Lastly, I uninstalled the modem completely. No good.

Here is what is happening:

I am following the Howardforums directions to a tee, and it gets to the last step, and says that windows cannot install the modem. I tried to run the modem anyways to see what would happen, and I get a “Remote access error 797”.

To all that, a big “WTF”!

Help! I need to get this working soon!

did you install the right drivers for the phone?

What the Howardforums said to do was the following:

On the original CD that came with the phone, find the folder OEM, then APPS folder, then Drivers, lastly, the folder named CDMA USB Modem folder.

In that folder, I copied the three files, a .exe, .doc and a .inf file onto my computer in the C:/CDMA folder I created.

After unbranding my phone, I get an icon that I can run to enable the wmodem.

Turn it on, hit the start button, then plug it into my laptop.

Computer recognizes the piece, and begins to install it. I point the install program to the right folder, and it begins to install. When it reaches the end of the install process, Winders tells me its stupid and I should end myself.

Basically, the drivers I installed are directly from the CD that came with the phone.

Ugh, I’m a jackass tom, I’ll foward you shit tonight… I don’t remember what happened last week. lol

Sounds like you had a good week last week.

Blah…

Er, ummm, bump.

do you have the service to use it as a phone or are you hacking it? im about to get one and use it for that and im curious to see if i will have the same problem

Yes, I have the Verizon unlimited data package.

Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnndddddddddd…

It’s still not working…

Gasp, help me. Shall I unbrand it and try it that way?

hmm.

How did you try to disable the modem?

Go through your Bios/system setup

I am assuming instead of going through the control panel?

I will try that later today.