68 camaro clutch and flywheel options?

building a hot little setup with my buddy and looking for opinions on a clutch and flywheel setup.

this is a 450-460hp setup through a muncie. it will be seeing some straight and curvy track time. any suggestions?

spec 1st choice & ram 2nd choice

my experience with the RAM VDS unit is its mainly a pure race application with a “no slip” style pressure plate. its more of a on and off style clutch. very heavy pedal and short life spand. their site even describes these characteristics ive delt with.

good thing is its a rebuildable clutch, clutch was stated for 800hp

have you looked into centerforce?

of course there are other styles of RAMs but that is my experience with a VDS race clutch

3rd chioce centerforce:D

SPEC sucks. I’ve run 2 different SPEC clutches & they all suck. The 1st one (stage III) lasted 4k miles before the disc wore out. The 2nd one (hybrid street clutch) is still in my truck, but it can’t handle any power with drag radials. It has about 6k on it & is still fine on the street.

Centerforce is my next choice. I have heard alot of good about RAM.

^^^^driver^^^

old school still seems like centerforce is way to go. if late model i stay away from centerforce unless it is a poopstang

is there any specific size you need to know about for the SBC? i’m seeing 10" clutch’s… 11"…?

i HATE my Spec stage 2. HATE HATE HATE

i would o with a centerforce dfx. light pedal effort and can hold about 600 hp, aslo no clutch chatter

Riiight. See below.

my car has seen 60 miles in 3 years though… so my opinion prob doesnt count

lol thanks guys for the in-fo

^^^driveR’s^^^