69 camaro's car

they recommend to be run dry but i sprayed mine with hylomar blue. i figured it couldn’t hurt

i love your car. just wanted to say that

I finally dynoed my car tonight… first pull with no tune at 5psi was 540whp. ended up tuning to 590whp at 5psi. kept a very conservative tune with about 10.5-11.0afr with 18 degrees timing just to keep things safe. we ended with 10psi (its as high as my waste gates would go without a boost controller). we ended up with 809whp at 6000rpm and 760wtq at 5100rpm. all on a mustang dyno. i forgot my camera so ill ask turbob16 if he can upload some pics he took.

i have to give a special thanks to the guys at J&S dyno for tuning and putting up with my computer that was crashing every 5min

I have to say last night was one of the most fun times I’ve had tuning a car on the dyno. This car is just a good example of a well thought out, well researched, well executed build. Typically we have to stop a few times dick around trying to make things work, or hunt down boost leaks,fix oil leaks, stupid things like that. Not one time did we need to stop and fix something on this car it continuously made great power with no issues and for that I have to commend you. Wish we could have got some videos but no such luck. This is one nasty street car that might have made a believer out of me…

wow thats awsome sick Congrats

congrats !..

nice to see it back together. congrats on the numbers!

Car was mean. Props to 69camaro for building a nice car. I dont think we’ll have another car on the dyno that makes more horsepower per PSI again haha

Love it.

Congrats! HOpe to get mine running good again and solve all the stupid issues I’ve had. We can line em up :slight_smile: Cant wait to see this run at the track

sounds like fun. whats wrong with yours?

just hasnt been running right in general. First it was overheating alot and now thats fixed. Now I have oil leaks under boost it seems so may have a damaged ring or something else. I dont recall having that problem before. I had some oil come out the valve cover grommets since they are not sealed well but I think I have oil out somewhere else. Not sure my venting system is the greatest either. Another month I’ll be back home for a week and I’ll check into it. Need to do a compression test and go from there. Once all the mechanical issues are solved, I can get to the dyno and tune it up. I still have a conservative street tune in it.

Congrats. Nice numbers.

i want to see this car bring it by one day you cruise by my house on prospect… that is just straight up nasty…

^ +1

This car has the good vibe overall , exterior / power etc. :cool:

ended up tuning to 590whp at 5psi. kept a very conservative tune with about 10.5-11.0afr with 18 degrees timing just to keep things safe.

Hell you could probably go closer to 11.8 to 1 on just 5 psi and another 10 deg of timing! Most start out with 1 deg per psi so n/a would normally be at 34-36, on 5 psi you may beable to get away with 28-30 :slight_smile:

Who cares? ^

faster then your mullet sled

im planning on working my way up to that. i just didnt want to take any chance on hurting the motor at all. im sure i can get a few more hp just from timing, but i was happy with what it made so i left it there.

i took it out last night with 10psi and its just dangerous. i tried to slowly roll on the throttle in 4th gear at about 65mph and it went sideways. im going to lower back to 5psi for the street.

Yeah on any street tire and that power, its not gonna hook. I cant even hook at 640whp on ET streets at 45-50 rolls. Sure is fun huh? lol

Yeah I think its smart to keep the timing low untill you get some sorta knock control in there