69 camaro's car

^^^^^

:hahano:

yeah the car supposed to weigh around 3200lbs(it has not been on scales this is going by source stating car weights)

it has been on a diet easier to take weight out of car than eat less :rofl:

the upgrade was easy. kore3 sells the brackets. you just need drum brake hubs with longer wheel studs then all the c5/c6 stuff will bolt up. you can even use the c6 zo6 14" setup if you wanted.

will a stock 15" wheel fit over the c5/c6 stuff (front)?

No a 15 wont clear 13" rotors. Thats why I am gonna use 17" GTO spares as skinnies

C6 brakes should be 13.5" so i’m not sure if the GTO spares would clear that or not.

I was thinking of upgrading my 10" front discs on my GTO.

minimum wheel is 17"

took the car out the other day for some tuning and beat the fuck out of it. its on its lowest setting and gets 4.3 psi. with a half assed tune it runs like a raped ape. i cant wait to give it 15psi. now i definitely need a roll cage.

I reallllllly want to see your results with those turbos. How does it feel with that low boost and those large T70’s? No surge at all?

I should have went with atleast 61mm’s probly the 64’s but 70’s seemed to large but apparently work well.

awesome car man, did you replace any of the sheet metal yourself, or did you have someone do it?

im restoring a 69’ and i need to get some panels replaced, but i dont have the equipment to do it myself

floorboards, rockers, q panels, and tail light panel need done

new update went to install a more turbo friendly cam and decided to pull the heads and this is what i found.

#7 piston crown broke and both of the ringlands

also #5 ringland broke between the 1st and 2nd ring

here is a pic of the bottom end

and another before i took the engine out

well the good thing is i just put in je blower pistons which will lower the compression to a more turbo friendly 9.0:1. also i got the new pistons to within 2 grams of the old ones so no need to take everything to the machine shop to have balanced. and what a pain in the ass to get the old spiro locks off the old pistons

damn I wish i could find a clean 69 camaro like that Im so jealous

sick car man

damn that sucks to hear about the pistons. good luck on rebuild

Good piston upgrade! Nice compression for boost. Will make tons of power now :slight_smile:

Glad you found that piston now.
Looking good!

that sucks, but it should be bad ass when it comes out now !

Sorry to hear. Can’t wait to see it out again.

i just finished file fitting the rings. what a pain in the ass that is. next time im buying a ring filer tool instead of a flat file

update
my custom cometic mls head gaskets finally came in today. new pistons are in, heads are installed, cam is in and degreed.
pic before the heads on

69 do you run Cometics as is or coat each layer?