'72 F-series project

current truck is indeed 4wd, it’s my first 4wd truck and while it’s nice to have…I’ve only actually had the need to turn it on maybe 10x in three years. I can make do with this 2wd truck with some weight in the back if I do end up putting it through winters. I’m considering selling the Focus to get into something I won’t mod or care about for daily duty. I’ve had my fun with the focus and can move on comfortably.

stock curb weight was around 3800 lbs. rear end is currently a Dana 60 rear axle with 3.73 ring&pinion gears stock. I am probably going with a 3.73 LSD disc brake rear axle from an expedition in it’s place.

Well, shit. This should be able to get out of it’s own way with “only” a 4.6 and a stick given that it’s only 3,800 lbs. A Crown Vic weighs in at 4,100 give or take.

that’s why the mpg’s are so decent with that swap into this truck. I’m guessing once the suspension is swapped for the aluminum crown vic parts and the 4.6 motor is in I’ll likely be down more towards 3500lbs, which is actually lighter than my focus.

Forgot you mentioned the front end swap. Even more better…

I think it’s pretty silly that what we used to consider as big old heavy cars and trucks, really aren’t all that heavy now, as compared to…well, your Focus for example. My '66 Galaxie weighed in around the same as this truck. This should be pretty damn cool.

^^^the extra wiring bs in new cars makes up for the thinner metal they use now.

someday ill be doing a modern drivetrain/old truck swap. only way to go that makes sense these days.

Ugh I have a LQ4/T56 in my garage that needs to find a home in a 67-72 Shortbed Chevy this makes me want to move along on that :tup: always impressed with your work!

I would manage to get 26 mpg or so out of the auto Vic I had. A 5 speed 4.6 babied should be able to do 26-28 mpg no problem. After all that work I wouldn’t drive it through winter. Sweet swap, it’ll be cool to see the updates.

why no coyote v8 swap? reliable… loads of power… good mpg

because cost. my current truck has the coyote, the one I mentioned getting 13mpg.

=( that’s a shame… I thought about doing one in my rover… still might…

too much $$$

Gas monkey does this and front end swap on a lot of stuff

Very nice! always wanted a modular v8 swap 60-80 ford pickup, since motor prices are so cheap you can’t go wrong. look forward to seeing this finished!

So I’ve held onto the $600 from selling my 390/C6 until today…

@pirite and I drove to Geneva to pick all this up for $800. Running 4.6, t45 trans, drive shaft, full harness, key, ecu, manual pedal box, brake booster, and a bunch of other parts just pulled from a wrecked 98 mustang gt.

I also found a guy in Lockport with a wrecked 2003 Mercury grand marquis and I’m going there probably saturday to snag the whole front suspension for $125.

Should be everything I need to complete the swap by Saturday then.

Nice! I didnt see you even got the manual trans.

Glad it worked out

Yeah, I found this ad by accident…I couldn’t find a trans anywhere for under $500 so the amount of stuff I got here for $800 has me pretty ecstatic. If I were to go to m&m every time they got a mustang to check if it was a 5sp v8 that would’ve gotten old real quick…

and we didnt have to fucking pull this. thank god.

Wish i would of thought ahead. I could use a C6 right about now.

When is @cougarspeed turbo’ing this beast?