'72 F-series project

That’ll never happen. Nick would have severe anxiety attacks everytime he would drive it worrying if something would break lol.

cool shit! really looking forward to seeing how this mounts up. The idea of using modern power in old iron is interesting for some reason.

Wait till you see how easy it is Norb. Lol

if you need an extra set of hands and someone to hold the beer(s) i still owe you a favor.

That should be a nice motor for this.

Rad build! I was tempted on that 390. The Vickie front end swap is pretty tried and true. All told this oughta come together great :tup:

in all seriousness it was already a thought…but I want to be able to rely on this truck for long hauls and such so I don’t know…at fast glance the manifolds COULD flip forwards for a nice setup similar to the guys doing backwards truck manifolds on the LSx builds, but I don’t know if I want to get that into this truck.

sounds great man, will let you know!

I’m certainly hoping so. Can’t really argue with 275-300hp @ 23+ mpgs in it and rowing my own gears.

yeah I had another member considering it for his late 60’s stang but slept on it and this other guy showed up with cash so I didn’t hang onto it. This should be fairly easy. I assume I can get all the hard-parts done in a weekend and then just tidy wiring and be good to go. Crown Vic swap is 4-bolts and then the 4.6 mounts straight to that with no fab work…all I’ll have to do is make a trans crossmember assuming the existing one from the truck won’t work.

If going FI can be done on the cheap will you do it? I can start the search now if so you cheap chooch.

software is $700-800 just for tuning. Not something I’d do the first year with it anyways…

^smart. get it on the road and work out the bugs first. if you get the itch in a winter or two you will have plenty of room in there to take shit apart and fab stuff.

Last night I started going through what I have now…

They guy got frustrated with trying to get the dash harness and ignition cyl for me, so he just gave me the entire dash structure and steering column LOL.

Took a little time breaking it down and got to this

So now I get to de-loom all of this and figure out which parts are drivetrain wiring and which parts are stupid interior function wiring like airbags and dashboard stuff (radio, cluster, etc) so I can thin this down to only what I need for engine to run.

Ford doesn’t use a body harness and a PCM/engine harness wtf?

it’s hit and miss. some makes/models to and some don’t. sometimes halfway through a model’s production they switch from yes to no. example, 2000-2002 focus has a PCM and a GEM(general electronics module)…2003-2004 are all in one ECU. the model ran from 2000-2004. LOL.

Grabbed crown Vic front end today for $125. Such a solid score.

I got him to include the engine mounts too…now I gotta find some time and make some space to get installing all this crap!

Nice Nick. You find some good deals. Find me a 302!

5.0 Tom? Like fox body motor? There was one front row with a T5 trans and some bolt ons at m&m two weeks ago…Eddie Bauer explorers and Mercury Mariners had them too.

Yes sir, paid and picking up the 69 mustang that was on here. Has a boring little I6 250 in it now. Didn’t know they came in explorers also. Maybe i should see what else they are in. I should check out that fox body. What are the odds its motor is still there.

• Updated - - -

Boo the fox body is to old. Looking for a 89-93

I’m loving this. Can’t wait to check it out. I really dig that you are just building the DD you want when everyone else wants you to make a fast hot rod. 4.6 2Vs are nothing for power but they are super reliable and get awesome mpg. I love that you just want a cool looking truck and you will actually use it as a truck. This is sweet. All said and done you will be in this less than a year of payments on a new truck and have something reliable and super unique.

thanks Jeremy, you hit the nail on the head. I sort of wish I did a little more research on differences in 2V motors, I had wanted a police interceptor motor but couldn’t pass up the price for the 98 mustang GT set…I haven’t looking into it yet but I could get interceptor heads at M&M for cheap if they bolt on…You know much about the wiring on these things? none of the pigtails were labeled and so many are the same I don’t know what will go where and what I can delete.

I’m hoping to get the truck back into the shop in a week or two to start pulling the front end apart and cut out the stock crossmember to bolt in the crown vic front end.

Looks like they have quite a few Crown Vics in there now, I wonder if any of them are P71s. 2003, 2005, and 2x 2007s, I would assume they are, being that new.