737 RWHP / 722 RWTQ Camaro SS My Buddy Tuned...

Wow, a young kid spending Daddy’s money that did it right! MTI built 408, ATI F1 and only 9psi on pump (that’s Cali 91 folks) gas. More tunning to come as time was limited. 750RWHP will be there as is, and once he moves up to about 1 Bar and uses the Meth. system who knows. I just give the Kid credit for doing it more or less all right and not just building a F&F clone. :wink:

Quote of my buddy (the owner/operator of Newtech Performance):

Pretty interesting car I was tuning today, Just thought I’d share.

http://home.comcast.net/~nickn20/737rwhp.jpg

few specifics:

ATI F1 9 psi (slipping belt)
6 Liter motor (408)
Pump gas (no methanol)

pic of the front mount.

http://home.comcast.net/~nickn20/DCP_0807s.JPG

Say cheese! haha

I am still not happy with the tune, but thats all we had time for today unfortunately.

Stay tuned for 5 more PSI methanol and some tweaking.

My words again-

This is through a 6-speed and SPEC Stage III and a 12 bolt. I’m amazed the SPEC hasn’t fragged yet (for those of you who don’t know they like to blow up and take out blocks, trannies, floors and sometimes drivers with them). I think he better think hard 'bout an Exedy twin. Oh, and that’s through a stock Gen. III PCM, not DFI or anything.

-TJ

wow…that car is sweet!!!

:v8killer:

thats one mean lookin camero. looks good.

that front mount is sick!

cool car. i dont think i like that grill peice though.

what’s with the hiccup @ 82mph?
TB closing on ya or something?

Since it’s an M6, I would guess it was the 2-3 shift?

x2…thats what i would think

Damn

it is very sweet looking

thats what i said when i first saw this thread

you don’t shift on a pull… could have been the belt slipping a bit or something.

Yeah, that pull would be 4th gear. No shift. It’s belt-slipage. It’s weird, the belt basically took a big-slip there when it first “let go” then it just slipped a bit the rest of the way. The best we could tell though that’s what the dip is. The logs don’t indicate any fuel mixture or spark problems there.

As for the “bought not built” thing I’d say yes and no. He (the kid that owns it) bought the longblock done. But if he doesn’t have the skills to do that work why ruin a bunch of great parts with a bad build? He dropped the new motor and most of the other mods in on his own. I don’t think he did the FMIC and plumbing for that though.

-TJ

… is that normal for this kind of car at that power level? (ie belt slip during pull)

i was saying bought not built b/c u said some kid using daddys money did it right…we all have to buy parts to get a car going…i was just saying that b/c you said he used his dads money…but any way…sweet ass car!!! and thanks for teaching me something todya!!!

It’s a big problem at even much lower power levels on lots of supercharged cars. Generally it can be resolved w/ a pulley/belt w/ more ribs (and therefore contact area). Also belt routing that allows for much more belt-rap around the pullies helps out.

-TJ

I used to put belts on jareds/phil’s supercharged maxima ALL the time. It would really slip the belt, and when it came on, it would break the tires loose in lower gears…sick.

I have bad belt slip too

where is this car located?

South Bay Area, Cali.

-TJ

man, you got my excited… i thought it was local.