78 year old man hit by car, people do nothing

remind me never to make a grammar mistake on here, thanks though

Yeah, they changed the story. When I originally posted it the police were saying no one called 911 and the first cop car just happened to roll up and see a guy laying in the road while responding to another call.

I can see not moving him, but you could at least wave traffic around him. I know if I was cruising down main and saw some guy laying in the middle of the road I’d park my car in a way to keep more people from running him over until the cops or ambulance arrived.

it wasnt so much making a grammar mistake as correcting your correct grammar with a mistake.

right, i see your point…it makes sense…i just was confused when everyone was like WTF! NO ONE HELPED HIM! and i thought to myself well what could someone do? clearly not move him…but yea blocking off traffic would be a good idea

If you notice, it looks like it’s in the ghetto. I’m surprised nobody robbed him.

Its really getting old whenever I open up a topic and half of it is people correcting others grammatical mistakes. Why the hell do you care so much if its hanged vs hung. :gay:

I probably wouldn’t have helped. I would have called the police and an ambulance, and then hoped nobody hit him. I certainly wouldn’t have tried to do anything like direct traffic around the guy. Why?

Here’s the scenario. Mr. Good Samaritan runs out there to try and help. He tries to direct traffic, keeping the victim safe. Except, because he’s out there directing traffic, he causes another accident. Someone is dicking with their radio, not looking ahead. They glance up at the last moment, see this guy standing in the road waving his hands, panic, and jerk the wheel to avoid him. They crash their car, and hurt their neck. Now, Mr. Good Samaritan is getting sued by Mr. Not Looking. Mr. Good Samaritan’s best case scenario is a lot of hassle, and hopefully not too expensive legal bills. Worst case, he ends up owing some jackass their medical bills and car repair, and all he was trying to do was the right thing.

Is it selfish? Sure as hell is. But in a situation like this, you gain no legal immunity by helping, but you definetly expose yourself to significant potential liability. It’s a terrible way to think, I know, but it’s true.