8 sec Buicks

but yeah my point was thou if because of the lack of zinc cars that ran synthetic all of the sudden showed significant wear…people, auto makers would stop using it… but in their testing, engines that ran synthetic had virtually no wear as opposed to a motor than ran conventional that was worn out. This is what those companies do for a living… they test their shit out to make sure its right… you are paying for that research and developement.

Here’s the story I’ve heard from a few people that worked for GM back in the 80’s, the grey valve stem caps were used during the wheel/tire assembly process so the machine can locate the stem. Also from what I’ve been told the cars were not supposed to be sold with the grey caps, scince when they were delivered there was a prep package in the cars that included a set of black caps that were supposed to be installed during final dealer prep.
that was my point from the begining… assuming GM and ASC and all the dealerships were 100% effective on doing this. If you ask me… according to this, cars with grey cars are more original than the black caps… as the grey’s were on there before the black ones, which was before dealer prep. i wonder how many people found a bag with valve caps in the glove box, console, etc… so really in this case there is what could be considered “original but not correct” and “correct” if i was a judge how could i deduct points from someone for having what mostlikely was over looked at dealer prep but is 100% original to the car.

the people i would really like to talk to is not richard or ron or any book but the people who build these G cars, the ones who sold them, the ones who serviced them… they were there. And i have, i’ve talked to many people at olds shows, monte carlo boards, buick boards, people that sold these cars at dealerships… i wont deny richard knows more about the Buick GN/ GNX than I… but to know them you gotta get the big picture which i obviously do. It was cool to met the buick big wig DISTRUBUTORS… but i met the people that actually made and designed oldsmobile stuff… bill porterfield(who designed the olds aerotech project cars), Doc watson (who was makin performance cars when half those buick guys were suckin on their mommies tities). hell while u guys were busy taking aluminum supports off “junk” chrome bumpers i was talking to the president of the GS club Rich lasiter, the event organizer john chamberlin and the guy who onwed Hemmings muscle car of the year!.. my point to this is, you can box urself in by just studying GNs and hoarding GN parts… thats what he does… he hoards parts… while it may be cool to go there and see all this stuff… to me as a g-body lover, its wrong… i’m not a millionaire… greg is not a millionaire… hell most of us that own these cars are not millionaires… all he;s doing is making it hard and impossible for us to find and afford parts for our cars. Thats bad for the hobby! Like i said he;s not a bad guy… i disagree with some of his practices liek the parts cache… but in the same regard i think its awesome as hell he wants to teach people stuff like how to build their tranny… and in the same respect me and him are the same… we are both more into whats original than the performance side of it. The fact that money is not an issue for him should make him wanna help people find that part so they can enjoy their car. Thats what i would be about… “hey you can;t find a scoop for ur hurst olds… i got 40 of them, gimmie a hundred bucks and send me some pictures when u finish it” … but thats me… i dont just enjoy my car… i enjoy everyones car… yes it competetive but its supposed to be fun too. what fun would BG or any other event if everyone was so wrapped up in their car that no one lent a hand to someone who broke down or some one who wanted to discuss what interior company to go with… its not about the cars and the parts man… its about the people.