8 year old suspended for drawing a picture of jesus

cliffs: 8 year old suspened for drawing a picture of jesus on the cross after his teacher asked him to draw something that reminded him of Christmas. Child may undergo a pshyciatric analysis. THIS COUNTRY IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!

awesome. :picard:

another LOL

WTF

I can’t imagine what I would do if I was the father. That’s retarded.

Dumb fuck doesn’t know the difference between Christmas and Easter.

Seriously though, that’s just pathetic.

Whoever suspended him should be shot.

How did this teacher assign Christmas classwork? That word isn’t allowed in public…

“I think what happened is that because he put Xs in the eyes of Jesus, the teacher was alarmed and they told the parents they thought it was violent,”

to be honest, it’s a little creepy to see the Xs for eyes and probably won’t hurt for the kid to talk to somebody just to make sure he’s not a future Dexter. I don’t feel that this has anything to do with religion.

the picture is totally creepy when you look at it up close (click to enlarge)

fixed.

it’s hearsay from the father that this was the assignment, I’m willing to bet the teacher asked students of a picture of the holiday season.

Also, that more that I read this news article I feel it’s very poorly written and somewhat biased in leading you to their conclusions.

Bro. It’s a kid. The artistic skills aren’t fully developed at 8 fucking years old.

It may be creepy but I doubt the child intended it that may. Kind of like a certain NYspeeders son/daughter who drew a picture of “Daddys tools” and they all looked like dicks.

I’m not debating the artistic quality, look up close at Jesus’s face and tell me that’s not a little disturbing and not by accident.

It’s not a little disturbing. It’s a kid’s drawing. He probably learned from a looney tunes cartoon that x’s for eyes = dead.

serves him right.

the moral is; humans hate jesus

All the other kids draw happy things, and one kid draws this up, it’s worth talking to the kid to see what’s up. just sayin’

don’t think it has anything to do with religion.

You don’t think that drawing a traditional symbol of Jesus to represent Christmas has anything to do with religion? Really?

Im not quite understanding your thought pattern. Even serial killers don’t show signs till like 12 or so. It’s as Fry described. The child learned that x’s over the eyes represent death, and his father/religion school taught the kid about how jesus died on a cross.

if you asked a group of ten kids to draw jesus on the cross, I bet none of them would look this creepy. I don’t believe the teacher / school did this because of religion. Plus the kid is specials needs and I bet there are other factors that led them to say, it’s time to sit down and have a talk.

it’s just too easy to cry “it’s religion persecution”

If he drew a menorah should he undergo an evaluation for pyromaniacal tendancies?

EDIT: What if it was a creepy menorah? All gothic and shit?