Up next, banning imagination in children

A Colorado second-grader may be suspended from his elementary school after he disobeyed a key rule of no weapons, real or imaginary, when he tossed an imaginary grenade Friday during recess and went, ‘pshhh,’ to indicate that the imaginary device detonated, KDVR.com reported.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/jsears77/not_live_planet.png

Jesus christ. Will we ever live in a country that has balls again?

EDIT: Apparently I’m blind.

I’d be curious to know the rest of the story that foxnews obviously left out.

You’re only allowed to have one ball. You can keep the sack, as long as you promise to never put 2 testicles in it ever again.

What if I imagine that I have two?

Jail

People always say “but dude msnbc is soooo left!!”

Faux news manipulate news articles with omissions so cleverly, it’s crazy really.

Well the school did have an imaginary weapons ban ](*,). What id really like to know how many imaginary bullets were in his imaginary mag…

Ugh, Hopefully it wasn’t full auto…

Well, I can’t yell imaginary fire in a movie theater, and I can’t yell imaginary bomb at an airport…

So if all the students we’re fully aware of the rules then an appropriate punishment is due. I don’t know if suspension is appropriate in this case.

http://images.wikia.com/masseffect/images/7/7e/I-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Also, if one of my students did this, I’d laugh.

Teachers need to stop being such fucking stiffs.

jesus tap dancing christ is this for real? what in the fucking fuck already. we as a society are fuckin’ up big time.

Except, you are an adult. Who should be held responsible for their actions. Unfortunately, the same can’t be said for a 7 year old. A 7 year old yelling “fire” or “bomb” wouldn’t be held responsible in your two scenarios, either.

we have no idea if this kid was warned many times not to to yell fire in the theater. Common sense says this happened more than once to get a suspension. If only we had the whole story.

From the short research I’ve done on the district, I wouldn’t mind teaching there. They are a very proactive and competitive school district.

I imagine this kid is a pain in the dick and the teacher just had enough of his shit.

The scenario I can imagine is the kid wasn’t in the class, but was walking down the hall and threw the pretend “grenade” in the classroom as he passed, disrupting the other class and thus was suspended accordingly.

Or, the kid just threw the grenade in the class and the teacher was some douche bag old dude/hag and they got all pissy about it.

Although I’m all for digging deeper and looking at both sides of everything, that’s a lot of assumptions. It says it was during recess in the first paragraph too. I could absolutely listen to the idea he was warned before though. I just have trouble believing any human is that damn lame that they would go as far as suspend a 7 year old over this. If it is though, I guarantee you the story involves a female teacher and principal.

Let’s also not forget the source here :eyeroll:

LOL

You are correct, the adult / parent / guardian supervising the child at that time would be responsible.

Hypothetical situation; You have 2 kids, ages 8 and 7. You are going on a trip, and at the airport and the 8 year old yells bomb. TSA detains you, but releases you. Before the return flight you establish a new rule “no yelling or even whispering bomb, fire, gun, explosive, knife, grenade, sword, 4oz of fluid at the airport”. You get to the airport and the 7 year old yells bomb.

Are you really saying that you would not take corrective action?

I think that no pretend weapons is an o.k. rule, but I don’t know if suspension is the correct punishment. It was an established rule, just like “no running in hallways”. Now if “no pretend T-rex play” is part of the no pretend weapon rule I think they have gone too far.

Thats an assertion!

No straight man from the ages of 25 to 70 would be butthurt by this as to go so far as to suspend a boy over it. Shit, even the gay kid on my street played cops and robbers.