86 rx7 problem?

hey im looking into buying a 86 rx7(base model) everything runs fine on it but there 2 things i cant figure out. first is that it burns about a quart of oil every week and i cant find the broblem, second is that when youre driving in gear the tranny makes a sound of metal dragging on the ground. it is very faint but you can still hear it. its not a gringing sound as you go into gear its only when you drive. shifting is smooth tho. and i looked under the car, there was nothing dragging. any ideas?

these cars are oil injected to lubricate the seals of the rotory motor so its supposed to burn oil. thats how its designed, however 1qt per week may be a bit excessive. the grinding noise is prolly the trans, they arent very strong.

Burning that much oil is probably a sign the engine is on its way out and will likely need a rebuild soon.

Rotary motors inject oil into the combustion chamber regularly. You are supposed to check your oil every oil change and add as needed.

Your grinding noise is most likely a chip in a gear or something causing the drive line, when under load, to make noise. Whether thats your transmission or differential, I could not tell you.

so what do you guys think…should i trade for my 94 3000gt sl?

Oh hell no. A 3kgt looks way nicer then a FC rx7 imo and will be 1/3 the headache to own. Save some money and get a higher mileage FD. You can get decent ones for like 10k. It will prolly break all the time but it will look sex and at least be quick.

this

what are they asking for it, i always liked that style…

4500, body kit, lowered, 116k, 5 speed, custom interior, some engine mods that kind of crap

So it’s a beat on and riced out rx7?

No thanks.

Avoid it, a mod list like that indicates it was most likely owned by an idiot.

well its my buddys old car, and i know whats dont to it, but i dont know what this kid did to it