89 ka24e pulleys???

okay so here is the problem… when i first start the car she is fine , after i let it warm up a bit and start driving once i reach about 2500-3000 rpm there is this squeaky noise that comes from the front of the motor and it doesnt go away. but if i turn the car off for like a minute then turn it back on that noise goes away. so the question is, is it the pulleys? if so should i get them replaced or is it not worth it and i should just get a ka24de and throw that in, but to my understanding i would need a new cluster and the ecu as well… i believe the transmission is interchangeable correct me if i’m wrong. the problem is that i only have about $700 and i would need this to be able to run quite reliably… heh i was in the process of saving for a sr20det but im damn poor. so what should i do? all replys are welcomed thanks in advance.

check your PS pump, take the belt off and if you can move the pully up and down the bearings spun. probly ur problem and no it would not effect your power stearing untill the pump blew

how certain are u on this? cuz i don’t really wanna let it drag on then have the thing break down on me…

without looking at it, hearing it or even a good discription then yeah im prety sure. just move the pully its quick and easy to do.

alright thanks i will do that tomorrow and see how it is.

sounds like your belts are shot…

My car was doing this and I replace the P/S belt and alternator belt. Not a squeak yet.

thanks for the help guys… stayed up till 3 last night working on that shit. sound is gone!!! i hope… didn’t really get a chance to give her a good drive yet.

^ what did you end up doing? Replace belts or what?

good to hear you took care of the sound.

replaced power steering belt and changed alternator as the alternator it self was good but some of that squeaky noise was coming from it as well… but all is good for now… these cars never stop having problems.