Squeaking noise

Whenever I rev past 4000 rpm in first gear it makes a loud shreiking noise. Is this an easy fix? Could be fan belt? pulleys? not sure.

good chance it’s gonna be one of the belts bro, worn belts or problems can relate to that especially when it’s based on rpm response.

just recently I’ve heard a faintish squeaking sound while idling my 240, might as well be a belt that needs to be replaced.

Hmm, I checked out the belts. they still look brand new. No cracks, not sure when they were replaced last though. Could it be that the belts just need tightening?

i dont think you can tighten a belt ? ^ check all the pulleys tho

you cant physically tighten a belt, but you can put more tension on it. push down on the belt in the middle to see how loose it is. Adjust accessory to put more tension on it. should be able to push down belt approx 1" in the middle. too much tension can damage bearings, so dont over tighten.

Lol, I didnt mean tighten the belt. I meant the pulleys. But thanks, I will give that a try. Its just a really embarrassing noise. lol

Yeah my alty belt is doing that now. I got the p/s belt changed last winter.

It is super embarassing shrieking through a parking lot in the morning, and everyone’s like wtf? lol

Re-tension your belts, otherwise, you can tell them it’s your supercharger.