89 s10 issues help

I have a 89 s10 pickup 4cyle 5 speed. I just recently bought it for 400 bucks so it’s no gem.

First issue is the dash lights do not work and a few of the gauges don’t work. can i just swap the cluster easily or should i replace a bulb?

Secondly when i turn my right signal light on the lights do not blink they just stay lite. i noticed that the voltage meter doesn’t move when i turn my right blinker on, but it does when i turn left. i’d like to add that my left blinker works fine, blinks and everything. what could this be?

Check your grounds. I’ve seen bad grounds cause similar problems to these with blinkers.

check your bulbs and grounds, I had the same problem in my 92. turned out to be the socket that the bulb goes into for the bumper light. both the corner and bumper should flash either alternating or at the same time (depends on how it is wired).

as for the gauges that don’t work it depends on which ones, I believe you have a mix of mechanical and electrical gauges. The dash lights all run off of one power source so I would start there.

what they said.

BTW, if you need s10parts, PM me,i got a shitload of interior / 4x4 parts. literally 4 boxes wortth