s10 electrical problems

2 big problems i have is that the truck will not start unless the turn signal is on and the other one is when the headlights are on all the gauges on the dash shut off and so do the dash lights. i know there is a short somewhere but i’m not sure where to start, should i start with the turnsignal or is this problem most likely elsewhere

problem #1: start at the ignition switch in the dash and work your way back. The ignition control relay is turned on through the key cylinder in the dash. More than likely the turn signal circuit is probably fed through the same power source as the control circuit. Try to find a place where the two splice into eachother.

Problem #2: sounds like a short to ground problem in the headlight circuit. Im willing to bet that the dash lights are fed through the headlight circuit. When you turn the headlights on the power from the switch is finding ground before reaching the dash lights.

well come out and help me tomorrow because i’m not good with elecronics

easy way to fix those problems. sell that truck and work on talon

this coming from the guy who’s got a nitrous setup in his truck when he’s trying to fix up his stang…

anyways the ford went to th ejunkyard i need something to haul the bikes and a $300 s10 works for that

who has nitrous in his truck? must be eurodad. and my DD doesnt take any money away from my stang

you’re wrong end of story, my DD doesn’t take money away from my car either

i don’t need nitrous to beat you. you got zex.

on topic

Lack of ground will play hell with the start circut and dash lights at the same time look for a bad ground I fixed my buddies S10 and his Dads car similar problems both bad ground.
Not an expert just thought I’d try to help.