Weird Electrical Problems

Hey everyone, so recently my door would not shut properly for whatever reason, so at the time I discovered this (midnight at a buddies house) I realized my dome light by drivers feet would stay on and if I left it it would kill my battery. So I popped off the lens and popped the light bulb out. Problem solved. Then in a few hours I go to leave and now my radio doesn’t work, none of the interior lights work, and the dash clock doesn’t work. The dash lights up, and where the clock is lights up but it just doesn’t display numbers. So I’ve check every fuse in all 3 fuse boxes and everything is fine. I read it could possibly be the TCU (small white box by drivers feet) changed that and still no difference. What else should I try?! Thanks in advance!

Hi, this sort of things often happens because of bad grounding. List of things to be grounded:

1. Coilpacks, by stock setup grounded to the valve cover, which is grounded to the firewall. You will find your engine working much better if you ground the coilpacks directly to the “-” on your battery. Especially if you have your battery in the back. This can solve: many unexpainable things like no watch, lights, wipers etc., but most importantly if your engine did not start right away, or ran rich, it is likely to solve that.

2. Engine head grounded to the firewall.

3. MAF should not be grounded or contact the body.

4. Alternator neg.

… this is not the full list, and with the coilpacks, it should be done really good, not just some contact.

If you have an aftermarket CAI check ALL sections for grounding - if it has been grounded even momentarily it could fry a trace in the ECU as well as blow a fusible link under the hood.
There is a write up in this section.