Quick wiring question

hey, I installed my dash resently now I have problems with wiring. My deck seems to be getting no power and I think it’s short circuted with the clock dome light and map light and every time I try turning on the light the door light turns on when my doors are closed. Any tips I think it’s a ground wire?

Thanks, Stefan

id take the dash back off see if u crushed or cut anything

Ah that’s gonna make it even harder, I wish I never replaced that dash. Thanks for your help

lol i know its a pain in the ass. Ive done it a couple of times and hope to never do it again
but if it happened after you put it in, that’s probably the problem

Actually it happened when my dash was off I could drive with no music and one morning it just stopped working and the deck kind of had a flashing light and it sounds like it has no power to spin the cd

did u check the fuses ?? if one is blown u can trace the circuit

I just checked the audio fuse in the drivers kick panel and it was fine

also id take the deck out and bench test it off a battery make shure it works before u go crazy there is also a fuse in the back of the deck u can check it sounds like a bad ground or somth but that would not cause the other problems u speak of

Yea the fuse in the back of the deck is fine. I think it’s a ground somewhere but I already checked the one coming to deck and it’s mounted properly. I don’t of any other grounds that I could check

take the deck out and test it off the battery first make shure it works. twist the ORG and RED together and hook to the + lead put BLK to GRND lead. keep in mind that i have no clue what wires your deck uses but this is usually the case. then go from there

if you have a multimeter you could just test the leads off the car sorry im assuming u dont have 1

Yes I do I’ll do that tomorow. Thanks for your help bro I’ll keep this tread up to date

shit sorry man, just test the leads off the car make sure you have power, check connt to ground off your gnd wire then you will know if the deck works

S13 radio’s use a case ground, the radio must be screwed into the bracket, bracket screwed to dash support, dash support attached to a-pillars/floor = ground.

or alternate wire attached to harness then grounded.