i loved those chicken fingers with that bbq/hot/seasame sauce

taco

all men love tacos

where’s the poll?

[quote=“Rx3,post:24,topic:34100"”]

where’s the poll?

[/quote]

[quote=“tpgsr,post:16,topic:34100"”]

yeah a poll would have worked, but it was also a make changes thread… like newman requested corn without butter, so i will be grilling some corn in the husk specifically for him and anyone else who wants it like that vs. in the milk and butter.

I am pretty flexible when it comes to food and the preparationH of, so if you want to see something else, ask away.

Newman, if i make you some grilled vegetables, what else can you eat?

[/quote]

:wink:

^ lol look it is a moderator kiss :*

anyhow as to the most recent comment, chicken fingers are getting a break this time. I am going a slightly different route. I am going to try to make all of the food that morning so that there is no waiting for my slow ass, or 5 engineers to figure out how to turn on a propane tank :wink: .

I promise them for next time since i actually have the sauce down to a writable recipe, and i make it for myself all of the time. That day i actually just made it off the cuff, and it seemed to bode well.

Taco bar is in and will consist of Beef (obviously), maybe chicken depending on the market price in the upcoming week, it has been down recently so keep fingers crossed! Shredded Cheddar, Lettuce, Tomato, Black Olives, Sour Cream, Salsa, Soft shell (sorry hard is way too much to manage on a picnic site with shitty grills), Nacho cheese, and tortillas. AND Vegan Spanish Rice!

I am working on a few things and i will edit this post later vs. adding a new one

To hell with Newman, he’s always messin’ up the program :tdown: :slight_smile:

Besides, you could always add or change/edit the poll parameters.

So… what’s up with the poll?

Chicken Fingers added would kick ass, and although you already decided on Tacos I would have voted for the Sausage.

i cant pay 15 bucks for shit i wont really eat, and the stuff i will is just like corn and shit if the menu stays as it is. i liked those fingers alot.

[quote=“layzie,post:29,topic:34100"”]

i cant pay 15 bucks for shit i wont really eat, and the stuff i will is just like corn and shit if the menu stays as it is. i liked those fingers alot.

[/quote]

do i hear a honda baby crying? :ohnoes:

lol its 15 bucks dude. why would i pay it if theres nothing i will eat. hell you can get half rack, half chicken, 2 sides and corn bread from famous daves for 13 bucks. if the menu looked like that id be all over it.

[quote=“layzie,post:31,topic:34100"”]

lol its 15 bucks dude. why would i pay it if theres nothing i will eat. hell you can get half rack, half chicken, 2 sides and corn bread from famous daves for 13 bucks. if the menu looked like that id be all over it.

[/quote]

I just had that yesterday :D:D and I agree

the $15 is also used towards renting the shelter and beverages on top of the food (which also adds up fast)… $15 is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

i just noticed the title of this thread states 9/20 as the date…

please tell me this is an error…it’s the 2nd, right?

[quote=“articzap,post:12,topic:34100"”]

9/20, you on the same page we are?

[/quote]

[quote=“tpgsr,post:15,topic:34100"”]

oops… yeah im on the same page, must have added a stupid ‘0’ in there

[/quote]

• Taco Bar (make your own)
    - Italian Sausage w/ Sauteed Onions
  • Chicken breast (w/ancho chili sauce)-Maybe the sauce… it it very time consuming, we’ll see…
  • Hotdogs

Hot Sides

• Corn on the cob
  • The old standby Roast Red Potatoes
  • Cider Glazed Carrots

Cold Sides

• Veggie Platter
  • Greek pasta salad (tri-color noodles, feta, olives, artichokes, and tomatoes)

Potato Chips, nachos, salsa etc…

I still feel like we are lacking somewhere! Is it just me? I will build this menu with the budget, and see where we stand… Maybe i will add something else in after the fact (chicken fingers :wink: ).

So far, the only thing on the menu I eat, is Hot Dogs and Potato Chips. Is the sauce for the Chicken Breast pre-applied, or is it a side? I’ll eat the chicken if the sauce is a side item.

Oh, and i vote CHICKEN FINGER OMFG! Maybe French Fries too? Both of these were excellent at the 1st BBQ.

god. you guys are pickier than i am.

fucking pussies.

who the fuck doesn’t eat tacos.

^ Seriously…

Tacos are delicious… And i see no problem with the food selection…

[quote=“newman,post:38,topic:34100"”]

god. you guys are pickier than i am.

fucking pussies.

who the fuck doesn’t eat tacos.

[/quote]

:violin:

+1

I’m sure you (the whiners) could bring something to cook if you can’t deal with only 4 main course choices. And what’s $15 for a day of entertainment? Can barely see a movie for that…