discuss.

this is history that i can pass on to my children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDx1GLqvBO8 :gotme:

:cry:

I’m just gonna put it out there and say that this .gif is probably pretty inappropriate at this time…

http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~drcline2/nyspeed/willsmith.gif

people who believe the 9/11 conspiracies are the worlds biggest idiots. just let the people who died on this day have this day.

haha is that the fresh prince

it was my 1st yr at NCCC. I was listening to 103.3 on the way in when I heard one of the towers was hit by a plane. At first i thought it was the guys playing a joke…kinda like that one radio episode from way back in the day of how aliens touched down. When I got into school everyone was watching the tv’s. I was like oh sh!t but thought it was just a 2 seater plane. Then when the 2nd hit I knew something was terribly wrong and it was some kinda attack…when the buildings fell…so did my heart. Worsee thing I ever saw in my life!

The yr before I took a trip to NYC and saw the buildings from ground level. We were going to go in them but didnt…wish I would have now =(

fresh prince is a good show but that gif sucks

good concept, poor execution. i lol’d tho.

i woke up to howard stern talking about it and watched it all on tv with my lil brother, was unreal

the MEDIA tries to make the world stop and :cry: on Sept. 11th every year, but they hardly pause to mention Veterans Day, D Day, Pearl Harbor anniversaries, Teh day the wall came down, Nagasaki, etc… even though these days represent MUCH MORE DEATH.

Media < *

My beef is that this anniversary has been trivialized, and evolved into a political argument as well as a ratings booster (of all fucking things) by the media & politico.

The people died, the families grieve, life moves on, the country en masse has already forgotten the raw emotions of that day & those immediately following.

The day the wall came down was a good thing, representing life not death.

The other days… Veteran’s day doesn’t commemorate any single specific event. D Day, Pearl Harbor, and Nagasaki all happened on the other side of the world a long time ago in actual wars.

So yeah, of course the anniversary of a recent attack right in our backyards completely out of the blue gets more coverage. But even that will fade with time.

Know 9/11? Take our tougher-than-usual quiz

:bloated:

What I want to know is why the entire Muslim world isn’t in an uproar over all the terrorism and killing that is going on in the name of their faith? Maybe they have and there just hasn’t been any media coverage, but one would think that when an entire religious group is getting a bad wrap they would make a point of saying “We do not support their actions.” Have I just missed it?

http://www.mna.hkr.se/~ene02p7/images/enemystate.jpg

It’s all a conspiracy!!!

How many people died & suffered until this / for this? Yes, it’s a positive that it came down, but no one stops to consider the cost it imparted upon society… and the anniversary IS NOT MENTIONED IN THE MEDIA.

It is to honor veterans that have given the life & lively hood.

so they are invalid?

and there in lies my point.

i am not for the media, i like news, but i do not like the blah, blah…

Agree and disagree. Of other events you mention 9/11 is the only one that was a single event that happened recently. I’m sure for several years after Pearl Harbor the memorials were a much bigger deal but now that it’s 50+ years later the memory has faded. It doesn’t make it any less tragic, but people heal and move on. 50 years from now I doubt 9/11 memorials will get nearly as much attention as they do today.

It has become way too politicized though. I was reading this morning that the 9/11 victims group is mad that Giuliani is going to speak at the memorial because he’s running for president. He’s spoken there every year since it happened so why should this year be any different?

EDIT:
And Veterans Day did get quite a bit of coverage this year, unfortunately it was mostly for political gain.

It’s covered by the media worldwide, and most evident to American via the UK press. Hardly mentioned in the US Press (if you search for it, it’s apparent).

The entire religious group is being blamed by americans, not the world. Ignorant americans (not you persay) blame “Muslims & Arabs”, though they have no idea how inaccurate that blanket statement is.

Do You see the Vatican addressing the hundreds of millions being paid out for sex abuse in California?

Yea, I saw that the other morning, that truly pissed me off. I’m not necesarily a Rudy fan, but this is redic.