9-minute LS1'd S13 Compilation Vid

Melts the tires like butter…thats awsome

holy crap. i love it lol thats power.

I wonder how it actually handles, it seemed out of control, very nice though.

I’m wondering too. Someone PM me if they know. Thanks.

I’ll let you know in a few summers when I finish mine :smiley:

Why did I get through half of the vid. before he shifted into 2nd?

Because he was granny shifting and not double clutching like he should.

the ls1 is only 450 pounds and a ka is close to 500. So the handeling would be almost identical to how a ka would handle. Im sure the transmission is bigger and the weight would even out there. It isa t56 tranny which is pretty big. I think the LS1 is the best way to go. 320whp off the swap. Everythings plug and play hinson sells everything. Probably costs around the same for that amount of power out of an SR. And most of all, its reliable unlike the turboed cars. OH and its NA FTW hahaa

SO hot…nice vid

Hey I am curious do people build up SR20DE motors… Yes not the turbo but the NA motor. I think those are found locally in se-r cars correct or people swap them into them I don’t know so I’m asking? But then again I bet it would cost astronomically greatly alot just as a KA NA build up would… and reliability would suck… but maybe not… anyone know anything about that?

Hey I am curious do you just think of this shit on the spot… Yes not plan it before hand just think it on the spot. I think you do it all the time correct or I don’t know so I’m asking? But then again I bet it would be a lot better if you didn’t post greatly alot of stupid shit just as the rest of us don’t… and that wouldnt suck… but maybe not… anyone know anything about that?

Hey ass, thanks for taking the time to post that garbage post of yours too.

I had a thought. A thought in my mind such as did anyone build up a SR20DE, why? Because if the SR20DET is lighter than a KA or say even the same weight… a SR20DE would be even lighter. In fact if I’m not mistaken a Silvia Q is 100lbs lighter than a silvia K.

So a stupid obsession for weight saving led me to think a lighter engine in the front thats NA and built up would be an interesting idea to ponder about.

Fancy enough for you? Yea I think this shit up on the spot. Thanks buddy.

But in the end, its not so much of a great idea, it would cost more than it would benefit.

Stop being little bitches.

PS, Ahmed I saw you again today, I was driving beside you for a minute but I didn’t bother trying to get your attention because you would have no idea who I was in my freaking corolla i’ve been driving around.

Your car is hot.

That is all.

sr20de is only 2 litres. Ur not going to get much power out of it. A ka is 2.4 litres and its hard to get it up to 200whp. U need alot of money put into the motor. Its not always about saving 100pds as much as it is have lots of torque at ur demand on the low end. Or if ur a big turbo guy lots of power in the high end to catch up to the guy with lots of torque haha.

In the end. 4 bangers in NA form suck balls. Money wasted

I would agree with most of what Rob is saying with the exception of:

Its not always about saving 100pds as much as it is have lots of torque at ur demand on the low end.

weight savings are more effective than anything you can do to a car. without getting too knitty-gritty (weight distribution, etc) a lighter car handles better, gains acceleration equally throughout the entire power band as opposed to just “low end” or “high end”. A lighter car sacrifices nothing in terms of reliability, if anything you should have less stresses on your motor and drivetrain and in theory have a higher reliability.

That I know of, there are zero disadvantages to weight savings unless you are sacrificing rigidity, aerodynamics, noise levels, etc. Depends on what you’re using as a weight savings technique I guess.

Anyway, back on point - a mass produced economy-based 2.0L is never going to make much NA power without silly amounts of work and money in it.

If you want an alternative thats lighter than a KA, cheap, fast and naturally aspirated - do what I’m doing and put a v8 in there. Mine should get quite a lot better highway mileage than a KA also. (City and hard driving is another story however)

I can’t wait to get a ride in your car jammy when it’s done (when is that lol).

So, in essence, you answered your own question and didn’t need to post about building a SR20DE. :spank:

I asked if anyone has done it. That hasn’t quite been answered.

I’m sure it’s very common. Most people build all-motor SR20DE’s because they’re soo light and have huge power potential.

http://i15.tinypic.com/4ysu7id.jpg

So you got a degree in sarcasm