'90 Civic Swap Info

Hehe… you obviously don’t know my history. My AutoX car that I compete with is my '02 Z06. I’ve taken a local championship with it last year, and am in the hunt again this year (though I missed a few events that might bite me in the ass). I’ve done plenty of track days with it too.

I also have a '90 Si I just picked up recently mostly for a DD that already has the D16Z6 swap (and some susp work too).

The car in question in a friend’s '90 base model we’re thinking of making a dedicated track whore out of. It’d have to be just flat out dumb in one way or another. If I’m going to build a car to a class it’s going to be my '97 Z28 (hardtop, crank window, fabric seat car) to ESP. That still may happen, LoL.

The idea with this car is to kind of try the “other” side of things (ie super small/light FWD) vs. my heavy/big (for AutoX) Z06. You are correct though, if I wanted to build a '90 Civic to any class it’d be a Si built to STS specs. Maybe someday I’ll return my Si to stock motor and do that too.

But that’s not the point with this one. I guess we’d run it in SM (and get stomped to all hell by Vic Sias’s M3) for fun.

-TJ