91 crx si motor help

aparently I have a 91 crx si

I need a motor for it asap I am looking at this one online and have no idea if it will bolt right up and run without having to change anything else. It’s a 88-91 SOHC ZC longblock.

Here is the link:
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30018

Does anyone have any idea? or even have any suggestions or better ideas?

Thanks.

not a clue, you should post in the new members section and introduce urself

will do, thanks.

Should bolt in and run just fine. There is debate if the SOHC ZC motors are anything at all over a standard A6 motor. But at the most thats exactly what it is, a A6 with a slight power bump.

awesome. do you think it’s even worth me spending $390 for plus like $150 for shipping, or should I look around for something what was in it after the stock motor… a 98 Civic 1.6L. Only reason I considered this motor is that Civic motor it had in it was the same price with over 80k miles on it, just without the shipping charge…

are you looking to make it fast?

U can find a 91 integra swap for that think for around 800…

You need a mount kit of course, but yea the early LS teg motors us all the same connectors. As for price I can’t say anything, I got my engine for $250 with a spare head and a box of other various parts so you just gotta look around.

Originally Posted by fmfkid250
are you looking to make it fast?

yes and no. this is the only car I have so I am more concerned to get it running, maybe wait until the summer to put something better in it. I am just looking for best way to go at this moment. I want to know like for example that motor I linked up top, would that be all I need to get my car running or do I need to purchase other parts. That type of stuff, I’d like to get a better motor for my money but this is my first honda… I don’t know what all I am going to need. I get paid friday and I’d like to have a motor lined up I can either order it, or pick up and put in over the next week. Back to am I looking to make it fast… I’d like to eventually but again I’m just looking for the best way to go as of this moment. Thanks for the the replies guys.

Any OBD-0/OBD-1 SOHC non-VTEC D series would be easy to swap for the lack of extra wiring. A good old D16Z6 and p28 is cheap, has potential easy to find, as long as you don’t mind adding a few wires for vtec. You also have to convert to a hydro tranny, but that’s just a bracket you have to change.

I think they do a lot of ZC swaps at McB’s. If you don’t want to do it yourself, Mark could probably do the swap in a couple hours.

Blazin just reminded me, if whatever is wrong with your stock A6 isn’t to bad xdaveyx, McB has a freaking graveyard of those engines down there. Not running motors but parts are very abundant.

go to a salvage yard and pay 250 bucks for a 6th gen dx motor w/ 90 day warranty. get the lowest mileage automatic tranny motor they got. why i said take an automatic–then u know some ricer wasn’t redlining the piss out of it everywhere he went.

take motor home, swap ur manifolds on it and accesories, live life happily ever after.

i did this for my 90 si hatch.

add in another 100 bucks if u do waterpump and timing belt and tune up shit.

sad thing is salor the motor thats in that car is from a 98 dx from Maronies. Used to be the guitarest in my bands old car. Sad that the car didnt last that long.

Davey, that old a6 might be sitting down in suttersville lol. I doubt Mike or Billy got rid of it. If you have the resources, rebuild it. If not, you can find some kids getting rid of motors in UT alot, but their usualy shit lol.

how the hell did the motor get blown up? i know what motor ur talking about, ran great here. i also know who bought it, and who installed it… was it install error?

oh yeah, if u got the reciept still, and it is with in 90 days, it is still under warranty provided the problem was not from user error.