looking for a motor

hey whats up im pretty new to this site… i own a 2000 civic and im looking for a better motor. what do u think the best one to get is. Anyone have motors for sale??

Hybridynamics will hook you up, check them out.

Be sure to post in the New Member section, tell us a little about yourself.

Is it an Si? If not…any DOHC is going to be an improvement. Welcome to the site, btw.

its only the sohc so… it is slow

boost teh sohc :bigthumb:

7psi on a stock d series, will get u moving enuff to beat most of the local GTP’s around the block,

If your good u can build a relable turbo kit for under 200 dollars

(d series)

well…

is OBDII a concern? Do you need to pass emissions?

yeah i do…

hmm…

96+ Integra motor plus LOTS of wiring.
96+ Civic EX motor plus LOTS of wiring.
96+ Civic SI motor plus LOTS of wiring.

some sort of cammed V8?

Why do you say LOTS of wiring?
Don’t 99-00 si’s come come with a b16? It shouldn’t be that bad.

beacuse he doesn’t know shit about hondas… he drives a reno for christ’s sake.

O. ok. the ones i have done have only been a couple wires… no big deal. thought maybe i was forgetting something.

this might be helpful bmoney:
http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/6gtech/index.html

yea but he doesnt have the SI, he has ol reliable sohc motor haha.

swapping hondas is easy. If you got the intelligence level higher than that of a helmet wearing retard you could do it in your sleep

I’ve owned a shitload of Hondas.

and it’s LOTS of wiring for anyone who has to ask what swaps into their car.

ya… so maybe next time you shouldnt ask, that way you wont have as much wiring to do.

werd. :cool:

hHahah

or just get a clue and read a wiring diagram???

When i put a Gsr Motor in my car is was a DIRECT plug in…

anyway u look at it there is not more then 3 wires u have to run, if u put an h22 in one there is like 6…if 6

my .02

have you ever wired up an OBD2 civic then?

anywho…

if you’re 2000 is an EX, then the B16a would drop right in and wire up, if it’s a DX or CX, you need to wire up the rear o2 sensor for the b16a. if it’s an HX, i believe you should only have to do the rear o2 as well, but i’ve only ever done 1 of there. if you want to go LS or GSR, you have to rewire your civic harness or buy an SI harness(and add some wires), but you’ll run into a problem with the immobilizer on the 99-01 integra computers…i’ve never been able to get the computer to start the car, but i’ve never had the keys that match the computer with these setups. easiest way around it is to just backdate to an older computer, but again, you’re trying to stay OBD2 friendly, so you’re kinda fucked on that deal. either way, best and easiest bet is to go with the B16a from an SI…