95 civic build questions.

Well i have always been a dsm guy but a couple weeks ago i came into alittle cash and decided to get a rust free clean starting point. So i flew down to florida stayed at fathers house looked around and found a 95 civic 5 speed 1.6 vtec. so far i have bought new suspension for it energy suspension master bushing set. only other thing i want for outside is front lip then thats done. Now i have no clue what to do or look for this motor. so i got a couple questions. (i want to stick with the d16z6 so no just swap it etc…) Im looking for about 300whp

What do people do for trannys at that power level or is stock good?

Tuning - what is the best way AEM ? Burn? i have no clue were to look for anything for this car?

Internals ? what would be good for this level? Vitaras?

Nitrous? i have a wet kit sitting in my room good idea on a built motor to get a bigger turbo going?

o and i already have a spare block and head to work with so i can take my time with this build. im shooting for mid summer to be done with it.

Head? are cams big on this car ?

last anyone know any good forums for honda i been to so many just dont know the good ones or worth wile ones.

What are goo sites to buy parts ?

You’re not gettin 300hp w/out boost from the z6. you’ll need a rod and piston combo because stock rods won’t do 300hp.

o i am boosting it lmao 100% going turbo i pretty much got that figured out im trying to find out motor, trans, tuning options

honestly if you want 300whp your best bet is to swap it, it will be cheaper and have a better transmission/head etc etc etc and the ability to make much more than 300whp if you want down the road

got any good advise or link to a swap for a 95? what do you rec for places to shop online?

ok so if i went b18 i have been reading some this is what i need.

94-95
motor
tranny
mounts
ecu
dis
axels
inter shaft
shifter and linkage

the wires are all 100% plug and play as long as i get 94-95 teg stuff?

yep.

Shitty i just sold my gsr trans and lsmotor with ecu and harness and axles for cheap as fuck lol

I have a stock gsr head
Ground control coilovers
ITR Swaybars
hbrace
B Series avid motor mounts, for eg/dc chassis

whole buncha other shit i cant think of lol

Do a vitara build they cheap and proven to be fast.IN fact my buddy has everything brand new in box to do a viatar build he will sell cheap

vitara build is still not great and your left with a horribly geared d series transmission

any 94-01 integra motor will bolt up and plug right in with the use of a 94-95 ecu for that motor (ex obd1 p72 ecu for gsr, obd1 p75 for b18b)

hondamarketplace.com is a great place as well

i was just saying for quick cheap power the vitara setup aint bad.If I had my choice between and d and b i defiently go b.You could also join the bandwagon and go j series:mpd:

well so if i grab a b18b throw some headstuds, headgasket etc… what tranny would be best / cheapest for boost.?

get a b16 tranny and do the ls fifth gear swap

just do a gsr tranny, dont waste your time with gear swapping

get another dsm

I’ll just comment on the tuning bit. I’d use NepTune on a chipped stock ECU if we were tuning it.

i’ll x2 on neptune, a friend in fhode island tunes with neptune with awesome results.