Honda Guys- Need Some Suggestions

so im picking up a 95 civic dx in a few days. its one of those things where i dont need or want another car but i cant pass it up bc im fucked in the head :picard:

the car has a d15 non-vtec. motor has a blown hg, probable warped/cracked head. the car also comes with a completely disassembled d16y8. motor failed, oilpump quit

i eventually want to k-swap it. driving joestypes/greg johnsons old teg really gave me a hard on for k series motors.

but for now, all im looking for is the best / cheapest / easiest way to get this car running reliably again. i need it to have stock honda reliability, damnit.

would REALLY like to keep this under $1k after purchase of car. anymore, and my gf will dump me haha

any suggestions if you were in my postition? thanks

bang her out in the bathroom at the mall.

It’ll fix everything. AmIRite?

only if its the family restroom in the food court, anything else is just classless

don’t buy it.
and you can’t have my wheels. <3

source new head and do HG? or have head checked, decked and replace HG. if not you should be able to find a D15 cheap

I agree…

there is a d16z6 vtec head locally for $50, mating it to a d15 bottom end would be a minime swap, im wondering if this is worth it and if anyone on here has done this before

if the bottom end is in good shape, source a z6 head and do a mini-me until you can afford a k-swap. or just get another d15b head.

youll need a p28 ecu to run the vtakk y0!

VTAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKK

any other changes needed? wiring is the same?

take the head off and check it, it might be ok,

I know a guy who has put more than one d series motor together with a warped head and they ran perfect, he just gave it a little extra muscle by the warped parts, said cars have been fine for years.

lol. thats awesome. ^

youll have to run wires to the ecu for the VTEC switch and solenoid. maybe a knock sensor? not sure on that when it comes to D’s

it works, let me know if you need a hand, I can get a hold of the guy for you.

LOL

polish kid right?

doesnt cost anything to run a straight edge over the head…

i would just source a good d16z6

if you get it youll need to inspect it :wink:

pull the head and check it before you go buying things, should be able to get it apart and back together in a few hours. Like was said before if its warped put some extra muscle to it or run 2 hgs to take up gaps lol.