91 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

Are those a new style of valve?

They should be.

There are no cracks just dents. From what I’ve read a quick dremeling will eliminate the risk of hot spots. These pistons have a ton of material on them.

damn, im kinda afraid to tear my engine down now :frowning: awesome updates keep it up, this is looking awesome, and whats your budget for this?

$300

this pic is awesome!!

keep it coming, ive always had a soft spot for these things

you should try out megasquirt sobo, its $200 and a great learning experience for tuning

Meh, I’d rather use DSMlink

i can’t believe someone just actually RECOMMENDED megasquirt LOL

i was going to say something along those lines

Lol have either of you used megasquirt? it goes above and beyond what dsmlink does. way many more options, and it’s plug and play. it’s also $350 cheaper! I’m getting it and doing it over winter in my car.

You can’t bang it unless you try it I was suggesting to him since he seems to be on a budget idk where he’s going to find link and a EPROM ecu for cheap cause I sure as hell can’t find one for under $200 everybody thinks its gold

I would dish out the money for DSMLink over megasquirt any day of the week, regardless of whether it’s $350 cheaper.

If you can’t find a 1G eprom for under $200, your not asking the right people.

So those valves are kinda bent, huh?

Trying to be different, why have the same damn thing everyone else has plus I’ll take more options anyday with squirt over link, I have a EPROM ecu it’s just the point that link is way overpriced, and megasquirt is a good way to learn how to tune just IMO

The reason everyone recommends DSMLink is because it is user friendly, you don’t need to learn much to get down a decent tune. There are thousands of people on the support forum that are willing to help you with knowledgeable advice any second of the day. You use the same thing everyone else uses so that you have a common interface and can relate to each other if you have to diagnose a problem. If one of my local friends bought MS I wouldn’t be able to help him too much but if he has link then no problem. I take it you haven’t seen V3 yet? Has more options than 99% of people will ever use. They’ve made over 1000hp multiple times, has never been done on a DSM with MS. Some people forget how much R&D Tom and Dave have put into link, it’s a business they need to make money and they are their to support their customers day in and day out. In the end though, to each their own.

Have you seen or used megasquirt 2 or 3 they are user friendly too it has come a Long way I’m making a point since he was on a budget your not going to find dsmlink v3 for less then $200 or even $300 if you do please lmk and I will be more then happy to buy it

Anyways Sobo any sweet updates?

Waiting on my rebuilt cylinder head.

it’s a fucking winter beater stfu with tuning gay shit. he has an EVOX if he wants to go faster.

think this will be ready for when the real snow hits?

It will be close