Out with the old in with the new

Well, as you guys all know before I had a 3000gt. Well, I sold it. The NA v6 just wasn’t cutting it for me anymore, it got boring fast. Anyway, I sold it in the beginning of the week and I spent the entire week looking for a TSI. Ever since I was younger I always liked those cars. Well I bought one yesterday :).

It’s a 1995 Eagle Talon TSI, AWD. It’s not stock which I guess is a good and bad thing at the same time. The good news is it’s got some tasteful mods. It’s got a 1g block, because the generation was built to withstand more power. It has a 50 trim turbo, 38mm wastegate, 750cc injectors, greddy timing belt, brian cowler cams, turbo back straight pipe exhaust. It was professionally tuned using ECM link. I’ve got dyno sheets, it was dyno’d at 364.19 horse power and 329.64 ft lbs of torque. It’s got launch control, all the good stuff. The transmission is a GVR4 tranny, which I am not sure how good that specific transmission is, and there is no receipts to prove it, but the last owner said thats what the tranny was. DSM users on here feel free to chime in on that… It’s got some other stuff I’m sure I’m missing.

It needs some things here and there, but I think it is a big upgrade from my 3000gt.

Thanks for reading guys.

Sorry about the shitty quality pics, I’ll get better ones ASAP.

I’ve also got a time slip from the valley from the previous owner, 12.6 quarter mile and that was before the cams were installed.

OBD1 2nd gen, nice find. Plenty of power for it to be fun as well.

Money pit.

Definitely an upgrade from the 3KGT. Don’t rice it out please.

Giant money pit, welcome to the club. :slight_smile:

It should be a fun time for you. I hope you like to work on cars.

dont be anothee dumb kid that kills himself with a little bit of power other than that vood find

looks like a good start, make sure you have a stable job cause your gonna need it.

Yeah make sure you have money aside as these can be a money pit if the previous owners didn’t maintain it before slapping on mods. i went thru 3 of these and they are fun cars but i wouldn’t say they are reliable at all especially when your pushing that kinda power, good luck.

Here’s another picture, the car on the left is the foxbody my dad is building… look at that intercooler nom nom nom :slight_smile:

yeah I hear ya, I’ve got a little money stored away in case something breaks, and my job isn’t bad at all right now, so I think I should be set. Eventually down the road I’m going to get a beater I can DD the shit out of, but as for now this thing should be fun… :slight_smile:

Nice pickup! Have you gone through it yet? You should prolly pick up a repair manual as well.

Do you know how many miles are on the timing belt? If you are at all unsure you should just get a new one now and take care of it so you don’t find yourself rebuilding a head when it lets go. A new timing belt is a must every 60k miles, I wouldn’t stretch that number at all. I usually buy a new belt when I hit 50k and then put it in when it’s convenient for me.

Also where exactly are you at, if you want help with any small stuff from a guy who is still neck deep in DSM I could help you out a bit.

Thanks for the advice man, it’s got a Greddy timing belt, all the aftermarket parts have 17,000 miles on them the guy that sold the car to me said. So i think it’s okay for a little longer. And thanks alot for offering some help, I’m probably gonna need it sometime in the future haha, afterall I’m still learning these engines

Took the valve cover off to replace the gasket and have plans to get it powder coated so it looks nice, thats what’s under neath… :slight_smile:

I doubt it has a gvr4 trans because if i remember correctly, 2g transmissions fit in 1gs but not the other way around because of the mount configuration. I would look into that for WHEN you have problems.

lose the ricey hood

I’ve got the stock hood. This hood is VIS carbon fiber. LEGIT carbon fiber, not carbon fiber wrapped… and it has a vent to help the engine run cooler. The 4g63 engines run hot, escpecially since the headers are almost on top of the radiator so any ventilation or after market fans to keep it cooler helps out alot. The hood isn’t ricey at all. I like it, and it was pretty damn expensive.

I agree with pjb. oem hood/ oem style carbon fiber. I think you should find some evo wheels to throw on it too. 9 mr bbs’ would be the tits.

Smarter car to build !! Always liked em for some reason good luck man .