Out with the old in with the new

Thank you sir

I had a stock hood on my 2g and never had a problem with heat.

^^^^Could u drive your 2g without stalling ???lolololololol

Hahahahaha yeah and a it had an act 2900 w/ a 4 puck unsprung disk in it. This morning i just had such a hard on for the redbull i just bought i couldnt do both apparently haha. I love rookie mistakes. I knew i was gonna catch shit for that.

It happens lol , that is all ill say on it .

can’t tell from the picture is the head studded? I’ve built a few of these for friends and other people and with a good cometics MLS gasket and ARP studs along with good upkeep they all held together.

i hate to be negative, but anything BRIAN CROWER, Sucks.

there is a big difference between original CROWER stuff and the son’s junk. i have seen more than 1 set of BCC 280 cams go flat in under 10k, using correct install methods and Valvoline VR1 20w-50 oil. just junk castings.

good luck with them

U can see a shitty wear pattern on em already .

Anthony take that damn hood off. I TOLD you if you were gonna install that it needed clear coat first. VIS gelcoat is garbage. UV rays wreck it in a hurry. Do it when you paint the car or just have Jesse throw some clear on it.

This kid needs rear seats and a new headliner. Does anyone have any lying around for this beast?

Also needs a bit of low. The wheel well gap is too much for me.

Well you’re wrong. Just checked the serial number on the transmission. It is indeed a gvr4 tranny.

dsmlaser is right. 1g and gvr4 trannys have one mounting point whereas the 2g’s have 3 since you have to mount it to the roll stop and another mount on pass side. unless the previous owner swapped in a JDM gvr4 t/c tranny or fabbed the 2 mounts they won’t bolt up to a 2g.

whats the serial number?

Most likely because it has a 6 bolt in it that it works. Look into kelford cams if you decide to change them out.

All in all it seems like a solid start man. Feel free to ask questions if you have any. There are a handful of veteran dsm guys on here.

Thanks for the kind words man, I appreciate it.

Did you buy it from a kid in Amsterdam? If so i know the car and the owner. looks alot like the Eclipse he had for sale on and off. Sounds like the same mods too.

Yea, that’s the one.

NICE. The kids family is big car people. Mom has a nice silver TT, and a lifted black jeep with 38’s. Brother has some serious cars too. had an old Cobra with a sick built motor and made redic power way back. Last i talked to him he has a 65 mustang with a sprayed stroker, caged, uber clean car.

They know their stuff, and more importantly take good care of their cars. You got a heck of a deal and a solid starting point thats for sure.

BTW, you were all of 1 mile from my house too! lol

calling KrazyChild… Do we have rear seats at the shop from the awd red car?

protips:

1. Don’t listen to Ern
  2. Ditch the hood and cams
  3. Get some nice (OEM Evo maybe) wheels

Good luck

no, they got parted out a while back.

1. That’s a given.
  2. I told him how much I hate the hood, but oh well. What’s wrong with the cams?
  3. Agreed.