92 240sx SR swapped

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/Frague/000_1711.jpg

Thats my Car

Time for an electric fan. Should be fine for now but in the summer you will have overheating problems. Electric fan or get a shroud for the clutch fan, it’s not doing much good without the shroud.

I acctually never had an over heating problem even in august and when i took the car on the highway doing 140. temp gauge never went up past half. but if i keep the car ( shes for sale :frowning: ) an electric fan is in my future

^I’m willing to bet it didn’t overheat because of the wind speed travelling down the highway at 140. That and that wouldn’t really be pushing the car.

B-Wurm :smiley:

Nice… I’ve seen you around alot.

who did the sub-par swap job for you?

I bought the car with the swap in it it was done at autodream

You can’t make a guy get an SR rad with fan shroud if he doesn’t want to pay for it.
You can’t make a guy powder coat his pipes if he doesn’t want to pay for it.
You can’t make a guy get electric fans with thermoswitch if he doesn’t want to pay for it.

You can push and push, and warn him about the potential problems but if he doesn’t want to spend the money, you can’t do anything about it.

Tell him to go elsewhere? That’s unheard of.

You couldn’t even get the KA one to work on the SR fan unless you do alot of ghetto rigging. Now, wouldn’t that be even more sub-par?

You should know better than anyone else Rob about how this works.

How’s that SR swap that you are doing coming along? Have you finally got it running yet?

I’ve never been one for how any persons engine looks as long as it’s functinal and not oil coverd. Car still looks good

I like the custom hot pipe

You can’t make a guy get an SR rad with fan shroud if he doesn’t want to pay for it.
You can’t make a guy get electric fans with thermoswitch if he doesn’t want to pay for it.

You can push and push, and warn him about the potential problems but if he doesn’t want to spend the money, you can’t do anything about it.

[/quote]

BINGO. You hit the nail on the head. More people don’t want to dish out the moola. They think this game is cheap.

I did not have the swap done. the KA rad has never given me any problems highway and in the city. never gone above the half way even when i have been pushing it. Autodream has done nothing but good work for me ( cept taking a month to get my turbo in Marvin!! ) but even then the service has been great. Even right now my turbo fucked up and they are going the extra mile to help me out.

this is all just a game ?

do you have a new Rad aaron ?

You couldn’t even get the KA one to work on the SR fan unless you do alot of ghetto rigging. Now, wouldn’t that be even more sub-par?

You should know better than anyone else Rob about how this works.

How’s that SR swap that you are doing coming along? Have you finally got it running yet?[/quote]

I totaly agree. Mavin is a great guy and autodream has done some really nice SR swaps.

They have alwasy been nice and very helpful.

My swap could have cost me ALOT less but i decided that is not the way i wanted to do it. Sure i payed more but it was worth it in the long run. However not everyone has the ability to do it so they take it to a shop and they get exactly what they pay for.

For some people they want a cheap swap and don’t mind with the half asses look or the downtime. For example Steve’s swap was done at autodream and it turned out great eventhough autodream told him they wanted the car longer to clean up alot of things.

I will always trust my money at autodream.

HA i started a riot! also autodream’s swaps are by far the best quality of any shop i have seen ever! but u can only work with how much money one person has to spend i guess! and MARVIN order me a z32 maf overnight from japan and the sr swap will be running!!

Its pretty funny when people ask how much my entire setup has cost and they look at me like I’m insane. People think because its a X amount of dollars for the engine, that is all it costs. Or they guys that buy the engine with someone else and cry about all the problems with it hahaha

I ended up spending the extra cash for things like electric fans, AFPR, powder coating etc because you’ll probably end up doing it later or you’ll probably end up replacing it. On my trips up north going about 160km/h, I never had overheating issues ever, oddly enough my temp is slightly higher then in the summer cuz the damn fans don’t wanna kick in with the temp outside being so cold lately.

Aside from the engine stuff, the body looks to be in good shape, how the rust underneath?

P.S. Marvin is good shit but such a little asian pervert, remember those two girls that came with the guy wanting 20’s for his cadillac! haha yeah I wouldn’t wanna talk about it either :slight_smile:

from when i looked when i installed the Exhaust there was no rust that i could see. But i only looked underneath in the rear