92 Accord problems.

First of all, the car idles funny. it sometimes will staul if i dont have the headlights on, and it idles very low. the brakes are soft, but when you pump them, you can feel pressure building up, but it will never hold it. also when pumping the brakes, the car will idle exactly like it should. if the car stauls, or if you turn it off, and then try to turn it on again it will crank, maybe glug, but never fire up the first time. it usually takes 3-4 tries to get it running.

anybody have any idea as to what could cause this? im thinking its a leak in the vacume system somewhere… but i have no idea where to start looking.

also, if anyone knows how to replace a ball joint and wants to give me a hand in the next few weeks, i’ll throw you gas money/beer/pizza/reacharound.

i just want to get this thing good to go before winter when i can crash it into things and e-brake every corner while delivering pizzas. god i cant wait.

<3

maybe a bad brake booster? if ur finding a correlation between vaccuum and braking that would be where i would look. it may also just be correcting the leak slightly when u press the brakes tho. i would trace all the hoses and check for leaks.

bump… im going to take a closer look tomorrow.

anyone else have any problems like this with their beater honda?

Carb cleaner will help you find any possbile vacum leaks.

Check out your PCV valve while your there, all the hoses any check valves and etc…

later

Jeller

if you got place and tools i can prob give a fellow cb7 owner a hand,i just swaped my suspension not too long ago and had similar idle problems.
mines was only the IACV after cleaning it she was running like a champ.
i still got som carb cleaner left can be use to check the vacuum leaks too
drop me a pm
i only ask for GAS :slight_smile:

ttt

jam quit j+m and come work for us :slight_smile:

no way duder ive got it to good at j and m’s…

if you guys need someone to work during the day mon-fri let me know, i’ll come work in ea.

we might need a morning guy ill ask