idle jumping up and down.

hey guys

have an issue… my sr when left in idle for a minute starts to jump up and back down over and over again… goes from 700 up to 1500 + and back down again…

would this be a vacume leak or something else…

any help is appreaciated

thanks

nate

edit i also just changed my rad, could air in the system be causing this problem?? i have run the engine with rad cap off and reved it, saw bubbles coming out. kept doing that till the air bublles stopped maybe air is still in there??

i dont think an air bubble is your problem. check for any vaccum or intake leaks. to do that start the car and run a propane torch around your vaccum lines and intake. if your idle goes up. theres your problem. also check your TPS and IACV

fixed!!!

So what did you do to fix it :slight_smile: What was the problem?

i unno reallly. bled the rad, and re did some vacume lines. was too lazy to try and search for a leak so i changed out some of the vac lines in engine compartment started it up and all good.

I have this same issue with my KA-E…except majority of the times it will just die and I’ll have to restart the engine…even when I am driving and I’m at a stop sign or at a stop light…or if I am just slowing down. What is wrong?