Weird Idle

Okay…

My idle on my SR has gone weird for some reason

It will idle @ 850rpm but after about 15 seconds it will climb to about 875 then another 25rpm “roughly” then idles @ 900rpm “steady”

When driving and say I come to a red light and pop it into neutral the rpms fall to around 1000rpm and stays there until I come to a COMPLETE stop for atleast 1-3 seconds then it drops to 850rpm but usually wont stay @ 850 but moves to 900

It doesnt jump or contiune to move like 800, 900, 800, 1000… which has me thinking its not a vaccum leak because its not jumping crazy.

I can unplug my TPS and it doesnt seem to make the car idle worse at all (didnt try driving with it unplugged thou) but my car runs/drives fine and the idle like sticking @ 1000 then dropping to 850 then upping itself to a steady 900 seems weird

any help is great

Jeff

Any (aftermarket) boost controller or wastegate?

Nope… Stock boost and stock turbo with stock actuator

I honestly don’t know much about SRs (yet), but since you are positive
it’s not a vacuum leak, the only thing I can think of is something boost related.

Perhaps a defective actuator or even wastegate? Kind of a tough one eh?

yea its a tough one…

Im not sure whether its boost related… boost gauge reads fine "doesnt go under about 19psi vaccum @ idle and she hits 7psi by 2800rpm

I’ve tried re-setting the idle by unplugging the TPS and adjusting the screw on the bottom left of the throttle body

I’ve tried re-setting my ECU or whatever but letting it go without power over night and then plugged it back in etc…

Im going to take a setalean torch tomorrow and check for a vaccum leak just to double check its not ( cause i dont know for a fact) im just not thinking it is

but was told to just wave the torch “gas only” over the engine while running etc etc and if the engine revs up then there is a vaccum leak

i have s stock ka24e except for intake and exaust, when im driving around the idle is around 700 to 750, when i put the ac on it goes up to 1100 for 8 seconds then drops to 750, then goes back up to 1100, for 8 seconds then goes back down, but i only notice it when im stopped, and its amazing how much hp you loose when the ac is on.

thats a pretty gong show way of testing vac leaks…

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/ICtester.html

thats pretty normal for SR’s dude

they have a high idle for whenever you’re rolling they will idle high, and the idle moves around afair bit on all SR’s i’ve seen, even KA’s do it someties you just odn’t notice since you dont care as much when its a KA cause its such a peice of wood

i think it has to do with the lack of emissions stuff and the fact that its expecting it, its the only thing i can figure out

i’ve put like 6500km on the SR since i’ve got it and this idle problem came outta no where about 500km ago ?

the other night when i was out with darian the car idle was fine… stuck @ 850 all the time… still hung around 1000 when the RPM was falling but only stuck @ 1000 for a split second then went to 850

the next day… fucking thing would idle around 1100rpm and if I played with the throttle a tiny tiny bit and raised it to oh… 1200/1300rpm it would then fall to the 900 mark. lol

still havent had time to test for the vaccum leak but if i dont today then i will @ work tomorrow.

Thanks for the help guys

start ure car and let it warm up…then use a spray bottle with some soap and spray all over the engine bay lighty especially around the clamps etc…u will find a small vacuum leak for sure hiding somewhere…