Car wont idle any less than 2000 RPM's

this started last night. My car will drive itself down the road, i dont have to touch the gas, i take it out of gear the RPM’s wont settle down below 2k rpm’s unless i let it sit for like 20-30 seconds. It almost acts like the Throttle is stuck open, but thats not the case i dont think. Anyone have any ideas on this?

throttle position sensor may be done

vacuum leak?
i know on the nissans if u have a air pocket in your cooling system it messes with the dile cuz the sensor buggs out…

vacuum leak

Stuck throttle body. check the gap/cable.

Stuck throttle body. Try cleaning it?

If the car has an IAC (idle air control) sensor which most GM cars have I’d check that. When mine went back on my Cavalier back in the day it did the exact same thing.

+1 spray some carb cleaner in the IAC and see if it evens out

Tune the carb duh (shrug)

+1 on the IAC. the roush was doing that 3 days after i had it. just cleaned it out and it was good to go.

I’d try giving this a shot.

Sticky IAC

Yea you have to change jettings for the colder weather duhhhh Or maybe your double roller timing chain skipped seem kind of unheard of but you never know

TURN THE FUCKING DISTURBED OFF

clean the throttle, check tps and iac sensors, vacuum leak

or just fuck everything, take a grinder, and grind down that little screw where the cable goes, itll close the throttle further lettin in less air

i taped your pedal down after you ran scott at southgate

+1

:word:

Look at the TPS my truck did this to me a few months ago. I cleaned the throttle body, that worked for a week or so then it happened again so I replaced the TPS. No problem since.

Its not the IAC just tried the one off my friends car… I dont think there is a vaccum leak, TPS?