idle problem I neeed HELP !!!

k well heres the situation… my car has been sitting in the driveway for like a week …without being drivin. i have no insurence on that soo yea lol. soo i decided to take it down and put it where my dad works… soo when i got it towed down there parked it and let it idle…it started going crazy … it rpm would be at a thousand then drop down to 800 then back to 900 and drop down to like two… but never shuttting off …getting close but it keeps jumping around the 1000rpm to 200 rpm… what should i do …like im freaking out… what might be the problem please help me if know anything…thanks in advance

anyone…

clean the throttle body, Just buy some throttle body cleaner or carb cleaner from canadian tire, and spray some into the throttle body while reving the car at the same time. that should fix your crazy idle.

k thanks ill try that out

Let me know if it works otherwise we go to step 2

just out of curiousity what would be step two? i also have idle problems and did clean the throttle body…

Cleaning the Iacv… I havnt yet been able to clean mine due to its point of location under the throttle body its hard to get to on my 93 S13.

You don’t necessarily need to pull it to clean it. You can spray intake cleaner through the rubber hose going to the plastic intake, while reving the engine. I did mine three years ago this way and have not had a problem since.

egr valve may be sticking? does the car rev up freely ro redline, or is there any hesitation after 3000RPM’s?

Tried that multiple times… Seems like it helps for a few minutes to even hours then eventually gets crappy again within 48 hours. Any other options I have?
Also noticed If I clutch in while coming to a stop the rpms sorta hesitate to drop and stop for a few seconds at 2 seperate locations before it sets at normal idle. When idling is in crappy mode I notice the car bogging bouncing during acceleration or while cruising at low kms in 2nd or 3rd gears.