Weird idle/neutral thing

K I want to do this quick cause I hate explaining things

when i kick the clutch in or put it in neutral it drops way down to 4/500 rpm and then moderately starts going to 1.3/1.5k rpm and sitting there, as the idle.

wth?

im sitting there idling like a moron at 1.5k.

this comes after an alternator replacement/fuel line rupture repair. didnt touch anything to do with the timing or anything and fuel IS NOT leaking.

if this is vague, ask questions i’ll be glad to answer…

what is this?

do you have a vaccumm leak?

dont think so, nothing is punctured, all air lines are nice and tight

i have the same gay problem… but i got no answer either… :S

check your throttle body maybe its sticking.

Very possible. Would this also explain the weird dips to 4/500 rpm in neutral?

Clean out your IACV (secondary butterfly’s), thats most likely causing it. get a bottle of combustion camber/carb cleaner and empty most of the bottle into the intake mani from the vacuum hose that connects to you intake piping. Wait directed amount of time (15-20 mins) then start up the car and keep the revvs up so it dosnt die and watch 'er smoke. You may need to do this a couple times to clean it out good.

ill give it a shot and keep you informed, thanks for all the help

hey trev i have the same problem u think u can help me clean out the IACV when u available?

seems to have fixed itself, then started doing it again.doesnt dip extremely low in neutral anymore though, weird!

My KADE dose the same thing I was told it was a bad ground so I regrounded the car and that did nothing. as for the carbon cleaner don’t use it. the guys at NISSAN said you can’t use any cleaners on the 240’s because of the injectors and some of the seals. Believe me I was going to do the same. Shit I can’t even use injector cleaner unless i use half a bottle for a full tank. Sorry I don’t have an answer for you.