93 240sx rb20 swap help plz :)

this is my first swap and am wondering if anyone can give me a hand with it, i still need an r32 crossmember, ka motor is still in but hopfully ill hav it out by end of weekend, wondering if anyone can lend a hand sometime nex week with putting rb20 in and jus give some tips, im 15min north east of newmarket

order mckinney mounts, save yourself a headache

I just finished an rb20 swap in my '93 240. I used the mckinney mounts on mine, it turned out nice. It still requires you to hammer in the hump for the starter to be able to center your shifter. But the motor sits perfect imo, low enough for the hood to close without shimming it or trimming rebar + theres like 2" of room from the timing cover and underside of the hood. IF you have any questions just pm or text me, 519-841-3978 nick. Im waiting for my fmic to come in so im not able to drive just yet lol…

I used mckinney mounts was very helpful, but save yourself a headache and get a different engine

so true ^

RB25 > RB20
Swapping a ka24 for an RB20 is a downgrade. :expressionless:

Also you should post your location if you want some extra hands

RB20 is perfect for a daily. You want power at any point with this car. 20 is stupid. 25 or nothing

350-400hp is easily atainable will little modification n a good tune,plus THE SOUND MAN!!!

sweet, thxs all or the tips im ripping the ka out tmrw, n i got the motor tranny wir harness, turbo, for 1250, good deal, from toronto jdm, i jus want my car on the road so im putting this motor in, n probly gonna build a 25 for later, but the big issue right now is i still need etest for my car 2 get it fully liscenced, any suggestions?

run a cat an get a new o2 sensor it will pass no problem buddy,as long as nothing else is royally f’ed,plus your ride is now a hot rod,engine never came in car so emission controls go back to 1980s standards,no paper work or bs needed for it jus show the guy its a 6 cylinder n u are good

sweet, thxs bud,

hey, can anyone possibly give me any tips for wiring the rb20 up?

I did a DIY write up a while ago. I think I still have my diagrams somewhere. The hard part is the o2 sensor and fuel pump wires and the fact that most dumbasses hard wire the white relay wire to the fuse box instead of just connecting it to the batterey.

PM me super easy to do.