RB20 question

hey guys i’m currently doing my research on the rb20 swap into my s13, now i;v heard that 1 u need the mickenny mounts , i read something on forums240sx, that u dont need it, the motor bolts on to the the stock mounts and stock driveshaft, could someone pls comfirm that, also if someone has a wireing diagram it would also be greately appriciated
thanks

search…

but here you go

What should I replace before the swap?
This is a very hard question because everyone’s budget is different. Not everyone can afford to spend an extra $2000+ worth of parts before the engine is even in. What I recommend to replace is:

1. Water pump
  2. Timing Belt AND tensioner/idler pullies
  3. Oil Pump
  4. Clutch (possibly flywheel if you have the cash flow)
  5. All accessory belts ( http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=119087 )
  6. Fuel Filter
  7. Fuel Pump (replace with higher flow unit)
  8. Spark Plugs (more info comming soon)
    Those items will ensure you have a strong running engine for a long time. They are basic maintenance items that are overlooked by a lot of people who subsequently have engine failures.

RB20
Will bolt in using stock mounts and R32 crossmember.
you can also use aftermarket ones from companies such as McKinney and TopHat
Will use stock 5 speed driveshaft
Custom downpipe may be needed for both S13 and S14
Electric fans are required
Custom throttle cable bracket may be required
Tach adapter or gauge cluster swap required for accurate tach signal

if you’re suggesting the trouble of replacing the oil pump as it isn’t the problem on any of the rb’s, the crank however is. Have a crank collar put on if you plan on high-reving, and the oil pump will never fail.

hey matty thanks i did search but u know how seach works here! lolz!! i got some info, but more is welcome, i need a place to do the swap, i have a team of mechanics to to do it, just need a hoist and place to do it,( i live in an appartment)
oh lucky dont worry bro i wont be abusing this engine too much( well maybe) am i like the rb because of the sound mostly, common bro imagine u pull up to a sr20 dude , he thinks u got a ka or sr, just rev the motor and see there face change, frigging jokes!! common u should know u got an rb yep im doing it cause its just a lil diffrent

i didn’t understand a word you just said.

Speaka Eng-lish plea-se

This reminds me of that race between that eclipse and the muscle car just before the race starts. (2f2f)

hey trini, what matty said is about right. i looked into doing this swap a while back.
the best thing to do is find yourself a r32 front clip. sould not be too hard. i am in Jamacia
right now so call me in march if you want to know more.

peace