Rb20det or Sr20det Swap into 240sx

Hi Guys,

Now im currently looking to do a swap in my 93 nissan 240sx S13. I was looking at the two swaps stated above. Now Ive had both the rb20 and the sr20 numerious times in different cars but ive never had an rb20 in s chassis. Im interested in what i would need to get this done i know there is a couple folk on the forum who have this done already so some input from you guys would be more then great.

As for the Sr20det i talked to my local import shop and they quoted me 2600$ for the motor installed with a 30 day start up and run warrenty which is pretty farking good. To be honest tho id much rather an rb20 because every sr20 ive had something has always happened to it and it makes me mad.

So for guys who have experience in the rb20 swap please shed your knowledge with me and a rough quote of how much everything will cost me. Im not looking to pinch the penny as its not how i live but a little cash savings never hurt the savings account.

Thanks my dudes

oh my god

I dont think we should do another one of these Rb20 vs sr20 thread wars. But if you guys have any usefull information i think you should help this guy.

For te rb20 you will need:
Rb20det (its WAY easier if you get a front clip then everything would be there)
R32 GTS crossmember or aftermarket motor mounts
R32 GTR/GTS or infiniti J30 tach
A custom downpipe/dumppipe (if using the R32 GTS xmember)
Washers on the hood (if usisng the R32 GTS xmember)

The wiring will be a little pain in the ass. But its pretty much use the KA fuse box and dash harness and slice them into the rb20 harness. If you need help doing the wiring let me know.

Heres what I paid.

Motor - 1300
McKinny Mounts - 300
3" exhaust - 170
E-fan and Fan controller - 140
Fluids - 100-150ish
ummmm. Think thats it.

simon… build then STICK TO IT lol

Thanks, This was the info i was looking for!

Its very difficult. I like to build and then sell. Seeing as JDM’s are now illegal 100% in queerbec i need to comitte to a LHD 240sx.

Yah, then I had to do basic maintenance to the engine such as
Water pump and Timing belt - 200
Spark Plugs - 50
New exhaust gasket - 40
New valve cover gasket - 40

Indeed all these will be replaced before the motor goes in. Thanks alot wongger!